free website stats program lifters & pushrods | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

lifters & pushrods

I believe Herko is no longer doing the kits, at least not a month ago when I got my conversion kit. Website was shut down.............

Hmmm....I thought Andrews were Aluminum?? The set I have sitting on my workbench look like aluminum. They're an orangish yellow anodized set of quick install. Why avoid them? Flex? Failure?

bigal66-albums-misc-picture9406-push_rods.jpg

I know at least for the EVO Andrews made them in both chrome-moly and aluminum, I am assuming same for TC. I have read to stay away from aluminum push rods when going with high lift cams. Should be ok for bolt in cams. JMO

Andrews makes both chrome moly and aluminum for twin cams. E-Z install (longer threaded ends) and reg. I've been running their alum. (not E-Z) pushrods with a .550 lift cam and heavy springs in my Evo for about 18 years. It's seen 6,500 rpm many times.

Andrews makes both chrome moly and aluminum for twin cams. E-Z install (longer threaded ends) and reg. I've been running their alum. (not E-Z) pushrods with a .550 lift cam and heavy springs in my Evo for about 18 years. It's seen 6,500 rpm many times.

Good to know..
I had read what I commented on earlier on the internet, and I thought if it is on the internet it has to be true :bigsmiley20:

Back