free website stats program lifters & pushrods | Harley Davidson Forums

lifters & pushrods

hi i have a 2003 heritage softail. it has about 46,000 mi i am going to install andrews 26n cams with 07 cam plate h.v. oil pump hydraulic cam tensioners b-148 bearings. could i please get suggestions on lifters and adjustable pushrods thanks alot be safe.

hi i have a 2003 heritage softail. it has about 46,000 mi i am going to install andrews 26n cams with 07 cam plate h.v. oil pump hydraulic cam tensioners b-148 bearings. could i please get suggestions on lifters and adjustable pushrods thanks alot be safe.

There is some concern over the most recent "C" lifters from HD. You may want to look at some of the higher end providers like Jim's, VThunder, etc. See here:

http://www.jimsusa.com/pdf/2013_catalog.pdf

V Thunder: Hy-Rev™ Hydraulic Lifter 99'-Present, Twin Cam, TC88

Both of these providers have EZ type pushrods too. But you may want to consider the Screamin' Eagle adjustable pushrods. All are good.

TQ

Last edited:
I've got a set of Andrews chrome moly pushrods and AMS lifters in the Fatboy. LOVE 'EM. Bike dyno'd at 120hp-125tq. Of coures there are other things I've done to it but that's the lifters nd rods I'm using.

thanks for your reply tq, i am new to the tc-88 motor, that answer was a big help. ride safe.

thanks for the help i am going to contact ams for starters. prices sound good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am currently running Andrews EZ installs in my twinkie and ran Screamin Eagle EZ adjust in my last EVO. I would suggest chrome moly pushrods and stay away from th ealuminum ones for obvious reasons.

I am currently running Andrews EZ installs in my twinkie and ran Screamin Eagle EZ adjust in my last EVO. I would suggest chrome moly pushrods and stay away from th ealuminum ones for obvious reasons.

Hmmm....I thought Andrews were Aluminum?? The set I have sitting on my workbench look like aluminum. They're an orangish yellow anodized set of quick install. Why avoid them? Flex? Failure?

bigal66-albums-misc-picture9406-push_rods.jpg

my suggestion is Herko! buy the herko kit you get everything you need what ever cams you want etc takes all the guess work out and he ships fast

Back