free website stats program Lift storage and improvements | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lift storage and improvements

I have a 2' long double eye nylon sling I slip around a floor board mount and then place the winch hook into the eyes. No metal to metal anywhere. My work table is 29" wide. I have 11" ext. for each side but more work than I wanted just to load and unload the bike, so no longer use except for garden tractor and the like. My chock is fully adjustable so I have it set for just beyond center. A little effort to get out of but not too bad. I also use the winch to unload the bike. Keeps bike under control. As you may know, the front brake is not much help when back wheel is going down the ramp:51:
Harryb, Thanks for the kind words.:s
Thanks for your response...will look to do something similar with the winch.

How about just countersinking your lift into the floor?
That way it's always there and all you have to do is drive on it, and then lift it up.

Well geez, I wish I had thought of that when I had the concrete poured for the new garage. Good idea!

Really like the thought and craftsmanship you put into your set up. Really frees up the floor for other uses. I had a table at one time but really like my Pit Bull. On the table it was hard to work on your wheels and for detailing it was a nightmare. With a lift you can get to just about everything and then move the lift slightly and get to the small area you missed. The Pit Bull is good but they could spend more time on the small details. I disassembled mine so I could grease both sides of all washers and now the lift moves like it should. I ground off all the sharp corners on the pump pedal and the corners of the rear swivel wheel supports. Now it's not the ankle biter it could be. I also got two extra strips of rubber from Watson's and built up the lift so I'm not lifting on my Softail shocks. After these changes I'm happy with the way it works.

Back