free website stats program Lift adapter | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lift adapter

Hi everyone, does any body know if the Dyna lift adapter that J&P Cycles sell will fit an FXD 2010? (J&P Part:901-001).

Thanks.

I have the Harbor Freight Lift. You don't need the adaptors. You do need some longer bolts, you can buy them at the Hardware store, to allow you to move the lift pads to the outside of the lift braces. Make sure you turn the bolt by the dyna kick stand the other way if they are longer than necessary.

See my profile albums under Turn signal relo for further explain photos on the lift. I used 1/2" plywood pads with leather strips on mine, works great.

*! Buy the extended warranty on the lift, it's less than $10 bucks. My Jack started leaking fluid after I jacked it up all the way with no load. They gave me a new one. *!* Save you old bolts, you will have to put them back on and switch the pads back if you exchange for new jack on warranty.
It is a great Jack for $80 bucks plus warranty. I use mine all the time.

Clever idea that I wish you had told me about before I gave away my Harbor Freight Jack because I could not lift my Dyna!:)

Clever idea that I wish you had told me about before I gave away my Harbor Freight Jack because I could not lift my Dyna!:)

I am not the first to do this, I found it out from others. If you search the net there is even a video of it. Everyone told me I needed to drill out the holes and use 1/2" dia bolts, so I did. But I think buying longer bolts of the size that came with it (about 3/8" dia) would have been fine since all the pressure is going directly down at the initial sandwich point of the pads onto the brace. It would have to cut the bolt into and I doubt the weight of the bike is going to do that.
My album shows the dyan oil pan issue better than the video though. The video shows him just rolling the jack up and jacking it up. On mine it's not that easy, I have to get down on my knees and carefully position the jack position so as not to get into the oil pan area or kick stand brace.

I have the Harbor Freight Lift. You don't need the adaptors. You do need some longer bolts, you can buy them at the Hardware store, to allow you to move the lift pads to the outside of the lift braces. Make sure you turn the bolt by the dyna kick stand the other way if they are longer than necessary.

See my profile albums under Turn signal relo for further explain photos on the lift. I used 1/2" plywood pads with leather strips on mine, works great.

*! Buy the extended warranty on the lift, it's less than $10 bucks. My Jack started leaking fluid after I jacked it up all the way with no load. They gave me a new one. *!* Save you old bolts, you will have to put them back on and switch the pads back if you exchange for new jack on warranty.
It is a great Jack for $80 bucks plus warranty. I use mine all the time.

Looks great, the mods to allow you to use the Harbor Freight Lift on your Dyna sure makes things quick and easy...well done! :worthy

I was fortunate on my Sportster the saddles fit perfectly just inside the jiffy stand and clear the rear support member without any mods.
Note the short Bungee cord securing the side stand. And do press the down pedal all the way...the bike lowers fast about an inch or so, then slowly descends, leap of faith...that one!

DSCN0825-1.jpg

Decided to put my non modified application with the Sportster following so this thread will be easier to Search and find.

Last edited:
I was about to buy the aluminum lift from Harb. Freight with a coupon discount for $99.00. Do you think that I can do the same modification to this jack?

I was about to buy the aluminum lift from Harb. Freight with a coupon discount for $99.00. Do you think that I can do the same modification to this jack?

DO NOT BUY THE ALUMINUM MODEL, I have heard that it sways and is flimsy. It is not even built the same design so I don't know if it could be Dyna modified.

HARBOR FREIGHT BIKE LIFTS
Steel one $89 usual, some sales for $79.
Item # 2792 Manufacturer: Central Hydraulics <-GOOD, LIKE MINE

Aluminum one $More but not as good
Item # 94715 Manufacturer: Central Hydraulics <-BAD, DO NOT

NOTE: Keep kickstand down and hands on handlebars when lowering. If you don't press the foot lever the exact amount it will come down pretty quick. I usually press the lever all the way down and have never had a real problem holding bike. One guy drilled the foot lever and mounted a set bolt that would stop the lever at the slowest position (which isn't always at the beginning)

Last edited by a moderator:
R.W.B thanks for all the information about the H.F lifts. I was in doubt about wich one to buy, but thanks to you guys, now I know that I need the steel lift. This is what I love about this place!

I have had a wee bit of trouble with my dyna and the lift so i cut some blocks of wood the right size and put them on the lifting arms of the lift but still had to pull the spring from the stand to get enough clearance
i recently got a new lift but have not yet tried it with my dyna but it works well with the softail
as a lot of the products are different here in the UK i have to go with what i can get

Sealey MC402 Sealey Motorcycle & Quad Lift 680kg Hydraulic MC402

Brian

Back