free website stats program Leg Cramps | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Leg Cramps

Most of the previous posts are very good advice. You might also want to try stretching every time you get off the bike like when you gas up or take a break.
Also HYDRATE,HYDRATE, HYDRATE, No alcohol for you

Interesting question but one I know a bit about. I actually asked my doctor about my leg cramps while riding as a side topic to my physical. He suggested a seat that was just a little narrower because the femoral arteries that supply your legs with blood are on the inside of your theigh and can be pinched by a seat that is either up too high or too wide.

Bannana's work too.

Try making sure you are adequately hydrated while riding too. Now that it's getting warmer again the wind blowing over your exposed skin is really wicking moisture out of your skin. If your not drinking enough water, or are drinking adult beverages instead of water, you will dehydrate which is often accompanied by leg cramps.

I found out years ago that sitting on my wallet, caused my spine to be out of alinement, caused back pain, tight muscles and pinched nerves from muscle spasams...

I work outside during the summer and when truely dehydrated water was just not good enough. I started drinking a quart of gator aid every day and that helped.

I eat a banana every day, drink water, sports drinks and tonic water for the quinine and all help but I still have mild cramps on the hottest of days.

Take a few more breaks during your rides and enjoy.

Good Luck and ride safe

I found out years ago that sitting on my wallet, caused my spine to be out of alinement, caused back pain, tight muscles and pinched nerves from muscle spasams...

I work outside during the summer and when truely dehydrated water was just not good enough. I started drinking a quart of gator aid every day and that helped.

I eat a banana every day, drink water, sports drinks and tonic water for the quinine and all help but I still have mild cramps on the hottest of days.

Take a few more breaks during your rides and enjoy.

Good Luck and ride safe
My back dr at The Mayo Clinic told me to get rid of my wallet, he said its like sitting on a brick all day, you know hes right

Jack, you may be right, but some wallets are uh razor thin in this economy so that may mean back problems will go down right? :newsmile100:

Jack, you may be right, but some wallets are uh razor thin in this economy so that may mean back problems will go down right? :newsmile100:

One can only hope. The point he was making was we put undue stress on our bodies when ridding. He compared a long ride like a meatal can with rocks in it. I have very bad range of motion due to L4 and L5 missing. The Dr, cant figure out why I dont hurt when I ride, I keep telling him its the vibration LOL. Got to go see him this month, its been 6 months and Im afraid hes going to put me back on disability, and I still want to work, am I crazy or what, Jack

The excitement of doing an Ironbutt (3 so far) overrules any pain for the month after. I'm getting old...everything hurts. Excercise!

Thorns

Years ago I switched to a pocket wallet versus the standard billfold that goes in your back pocket. Helped a lot with the discomfort of sitting a long time.

Back