free website stats program Leathers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Leathers

Amen to buying USA made leather. I bought a Walter Dyer leather jacket at laconia about 15 years ago and is just as good as new.

DITTO. Glad to see you are recognizing the importance of American products and jobs. Admitably it is nearly impossible to buy all American, but when we can it is worth the premium. Too bad lots of peeps don't get that. They will soon unfortunately.:(
I am Canadian. I was surprised to find that some authentic Harley apparel I purchased in Canada was actually made in China. Harley name brand clothing is pricy and I remember thinking it was due to being American made ( good thing ) and was pretty surprised to find it made in China.

+1 on the LeatherUp.com quality. We ordered a couple of leather jackets from them after seeing dozens of "oddly positive" review (I now think that they are faked reviews).

Returned the jackets the very next day for a refund. Cheap and thin leather. Poorly closed seams. Velcro wrist and neck closures (instead of zippers).

Probably perfectly acceptable quality for the occasional afternoon/weekend sportbike rider, but not for serious use.

Being I collect old leather and horse hair motorcycle jackets , there are some very good first quality leather jackets manufactures out there , but I find these 2 the best Schott leather NY. and the other would be Taylor leatherwear Tenn..Taylor supplies just about every police dept in the USA .If you dont want to spend for a new one and see a used one pick it up these jackets will outlast you. both of these companys make lots of styles .

Schott leather NY Perfecto I have had my jacket seance the early 70`s I wish I had one a little bigger.

Same jacket for over 20 yrs. Canadian made Old Hide House in Acton Ontario,Haven't even had to have a zipper repaired. Although it is showing its age,I realized that when my kids told me they could buy better at the Salvation Army store!

Ridge :Schott of Ny is still around although they are in Nj now and they still make the Perffecto model . Look them up you can most likly order rite from them.

came across this web site on leather, Fox Creek Leather. i spent alot of time on it, and im really convinced on the products(jackets) any comments

I haven't been in the position to purchase any of their products yet, but I will. I have a buddy who has one of their jackets and he swears by them. You'll find a lot of people in here will recommend them.

Back