free website stats program Leather Jacket ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Leather Jacket ?

hotrodjohn; not meaning to turn your post into a sales pitch, but I was just getting ready to post a 2-yr-old HD leather jacket w/liner, size-XL & it's like new. Only reason I'm selling is I got another new HD jacket (buy every 2-yrs) & this one's gotta go. Gonna ask $225/shipped (1/2 of new) so...PM me if interested & I'll send pics.

Other than that, you can't go wrong w/Fox Creek - they're a quality company w/quality products. I've owned several of their items & all were top notch.

Have you looked at leatherup.com, I bougt chaps. vests and jackets their, you won't spend a ton of money, check them out.

Fox Creek manufactures an outstanding American product. I was a little unsure about spending premium $$ ordering a leather vest off the net but was very pleased with both the vest and customer service. I went through 3 vests before I got the size that I liked, the staff at FC was very helpful.

I went ahead and got chaps and a new jacket from them after I bought the vest. Saving a couple of bucks by purchasing an inferior product not "made in the USA" isn't worth it in the long run, you get what you pay for.

TIP: If you aren't sure about what size to order call the business and they will help you.

They taste great too!:D:D:D

I have had the FXRG for severlal years and I really like the versatility. I have zero seriousl complains about it. The only thing I am thinkning about having a local leather shop add to mine are some small leather belt buckles on the side. I bought it large enought to be comfortable will all my winter layers on, but when it is warmer out and I just have the leather outer shell on, it does flutter a little in the wind. It has snap tans low on the waste but I alway seem to pop one fo the snaps while riding. And the snaps only sinch it up at the lowest point on my waist. But the versatility of the jacket spans 80% of the temps I ride in in MD. Above 80 F is too warm for me with MD humidity.

I also have belts, gloves, a wallet and vest from Fox Creek. I didn't learn about Fox Creek until I joined this site. There sevice is second to none. I really like being able to try on clothing, but given the service and the American made status (which has become much more important to me) I would be willing to order from FoxCreek EVEN if I had to return it and pay a restocking fee, if it just didn't work out.

To me, for my style of riding the FXRG, while not made in the US, is a very good modular system and it is very temperature versatile and very functional. My wife bought me the leather FXRG pants as well. No complaints at all.

Either way, I don't think you will have a bad product. If I had it to do over again, I would buy American from FoxCreek, but I say that while also saying "I really like my FXRG gear."

I just couldnt get over the not being able to try them on from Fox so I bought te FXRG and after being to a million stores and trying on a ton of jackets I am really happy with the Harley one. Nicole from Racine harley was super patiant with me and even brought out a different jacket that was less $ after I had decided on the FXRG. No pressure. I would and will purchase from them again. I think I got a fair deal $528-$548 with sales tax (they are having a 20% off sale this weekend so ahe gave that to me) (5% in WI, I live in Northern IL and its 7% there and in crook county its 10%:34:) My only dissappointment was the dam China thing:bigsmiley15: Hmm now o get my wife to buy me the chaps I tried on!

Just for information only, I have an old Hein Gericke jacket from 1982 made in the Rhineland, that I still wear and enjoy. It has zip up flow thru vents front and rear, thick zip in quilted liner and real heavy gage leather...and weighs about 6 lbs.

Recently picked up an old school Harley jacket circa 1996, albiet Made in Korea...but it is a fine heavy jacket. Not as thick, but has pretty trick embroidery (Eagle head and HD logo and it is great also. So do look around and and yea off the rack the Made in USA Fox Creek and others are a fine buy...but always TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!

No brainer, Fox Creek all day without a doubt! Superior quality AND service, had mine bout 5 years now-worth every penny! Hope this helps, enjoy!

Back