free website stats program lawn tips | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

lawn tips

Personally, I think he's riding up my way to find my bike, and do something dastardly to it that will force me to search his Tech Tips area for the fix.

That, and I think he leaves the silliness to me here on the site... the other important stuff... wrenching and all... he tends to that. Like I said, I'm more the morale officer around here.

Nah, I'd never do that to you. I'd duck tape your mouth and tie your hands together, that would be punishment enough!:lolrolling

Anybody know a good paving company in PA that will come in and just pave my front yard? I cut the dandelion field that is my yard once a week, buzz it as short as my hand me down three wheeled mower will go. We like the "patchy" look.

My neighbors must own stock in chemlawn. It seems like every day that darn chemlawn guy is spraying one of their yards. So once and a while I'll let mine go a week, let the dandelions come up, then I tell my kid and his buddies to go blow the seeds all over the neighbors grass to make sure the chemicals are working........

I must say that my wife got fed up with my lawn care practices and has taken over. Since she has, our grass is greener than the neighbors that get sprayed. Although I did find about 40 cans of green spraypaint in the trash one evening.........

Wow I guess you can talk about anything on here.

How about a "T&A" Poll?? you know which do you prefer.

THE:rider:pENNSYLVANIA

Now that I think about it. I'd LOVE to have a nice lawn. I've been paying those clowns at ChemLawn for two years now to try to get my grass to grow (heck, show up even!)... and nuffing.

treatment after treatment... spray and watch... and nothing's coming up.

I'm about to pave the whole thing and say "ta heck with it".

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Astroturf?

Anybody know a good paving company in PA that will come in and just pave my front yard? I cut the dandelion field that is my yard once a week, buzz it as short as my hand me down three wheeled mower will go. We like the "patchy" look.

My neighbors must own stock in chemlawn. It seems like every day that darn chemlawn guy is spraying one of their yards. So once and a while I'll let mine go a week, let the dandelions come up, then I tell my kid and his buddies to go blow the seeds all over the neighbors grass to make sure the chemicals are working........

I must say that my wife got fed up with my lawn care practices and has taken over. Since she has, our grass is greener than the neighbors that get sprayed. Although I did find about 40 cans of green spraypaint in the trash one evening.........

Wow I guess you can talk about anything on here.

How about a "T&A" Poll?? you know which do you prefer.

I hope it wasn't 40 cans of Harley paint, it would probably be cheaper to buy Gliders Choppermower.

Tar or asphalt?

Cuz that's about the only T&A discussion allowed here... (family friendly don't ya know!).

close dk, I was meaning turf & asphalt My pick is always gonna be a nice little piece of asphalt

This snow has gotta melt:cry:49:

I'm working on 4 months of no riding, i'm starting to go, well, a little :Banane10:

I quit drinking, quit smoking, quit chasing women. All I have left is my spraypainted lawn and my motorcycle. I can't enjoy either of them right now (snow on the lawn and I think I polished off all the shiny stuff on the bike twice now) Any volunteers to take old THE out behind the barn to put him out of his misery?

And yes she did use Harley paint. Thank god for 2nd mortgages:shock

I know the folks on here from Dixie know what sand spurs are. Evil little spiked things that attach to everything from the knee down when you walk through grass or weeds. Well, that is what large parts of my "lawn" consist of. The only place I have anything decent is over the septic tank and where the drain lines from the septic tank run. That grass is like a putting green when it's cut! The rest? :bigsmiley32: fugedaboudit! 4 1/2 acres worth! It's chemlawn's worst nightmare or their wet dream, I don't know which. Regardless, I would have no lawn before I'd pay those thieves a thin dime to come around and spray nitrogen on my "grass". I can do that myself at half the price. If you do have a bad lawn, one suggestion from me is to go to your county extension office and ask for soil sample bags. It's a cheap way to find out exactly what your soil is lacking. Do 5 samples on your property in an "X" pattern with one in the middle and turn it in to the extension agent. Here they charge $5.00 a bag- $25.00 altogether and you get to see on paper what you need to do. My place had been a tobacco field and I think they just wore out the soil over the years by not putting anything back into it like fertilizer or what have you. Certain crops-corn, for example, take away alot from the soil, mainly nitrogen. Others, like soybeans, put nitrogen INTO the soil. That's the reason for crop rotation. Grass and corn are members of the (duh) grass family, hence you need to add nitrogen to your lawn on occasion. That's todays lesson on growing things:s

We just call em hitch hikers here in Southeast Kentuck

As you can see, I'm running behind on my reading assignments teach, but hey, if I wait long enough to mow our little acre here in Ohio, my neighbors will do it for me! I'm never in a hurry to mow..........:lolrolling I don't mind mowing here, I will have a cold adult beverage while on my John Deere......sometimes my neighbors & I will have John Deere races :cheers We had 3 green machines going, cut 4 yards, and one of the neighbors was handing out beverages as we passed. The 12 year old got a Barq's :cheers I can't wait to mow grass again!:bigsmiley24:

Mayberry isn't such a bad place huh? :s We are lucky here to have great neighbors. Now, our place in WV is a little different, @ 215 acres with probably 5 or so to cut at both houses there. It's quiet and dark at night, worth the work, and we have a 'caretaker' that stays in the lower place rent free so we don't have to cut grass all weekend when we go back. I may work in the 'big city', but I know where home is! :D

I have about three and a half acres in SE Kentucky, but when it was cleared off the dozers pushed off my top soil to level the property,, what was I thinking there,,anyway grass is patchy and I'm going to have to put a few dump truck loads of topsoil down to get a lawn,, meanwhile I my bike must tredge through about a hundred foot of this before I get to the drive,, so needless to say unless it's dry, it's nightmare for my bike.

Our 5 acres is a mess. Except for around the septic tank, of course, and the engine on our mower blew this past August, so there's another bank I have to rob! A piece of advice for anyone it may concern; If you don't have a cut-off valve between the gas tank and carburetor, GET ONE!! Gas seeped past the needle valve and got in the crankcase, thinned the oil, and there she went! Locked up tight as a drum and broke the cam journals. Apparently Briggs and Stratton has had this gremlin for awhile and never told anyone. Naturally the warranty had run out, and a new engine is around $1,500. I found one online for $499.00, though, but I could have spent that on chrome!
Joe,
What size motor? I have 2 in the garage as the decks rusted out before the engine! Both motors are in great shape, oil changed 3 times a season. What make, HP and so on..
Let me know.PM me

Back