free website stats program Latest Project...Pics | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Latest Project...Pics

Looks great!

What was the total cost including the powder coating and the milling and will "John Smith" (LOL) work with people out of state?

Total cost was around $230.00. $65 for the polished blank covers, $75 to the powder coater and $100 to John. I did my own clearcoat and already had those materials.

Keep in mind I helped John with the NC machine program so if he has to start from scratch, his part could be more. Machining took about 20 minutes, design and programming about 6 hours. It's like having a custom patch made, the initial design is always what costs.

I'm sure John would work with someone from out of state, he may want to work through me for first contact. I will ask. PM me when you get ready and I'll give you my number. We can discuss what you want.

The main thing may be timing, it all depends on John's workload. Sometimes his machines run 3 or 4 days a week, then there are times when they run almost constantly for a couple of months at a time. This isn't where he makes his money. Creating custom parts for industry is, and he does a lot of it.

Lilman

Back