free website stats program Lack of good sense? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lack of good sense?

bikes are for rideing, not to sit in a garage. besides us old timers will tear one down and rebuild it in a min, sure dont take them to hd for a oil change. I even still hill climb with my soft tail, done it all my life

bikes are for rideing, not to sit in a garage. besides us old timers will tear one down and rebuild it in a min, sure dont take them to hd for a oil change. I even still hill climb with my soft tail, done it all my life

I don't think the OP would debate that statement. He was commenting on how the bike is being treated when it's NOT being ridden, and a proper storage facility is readily available.

I wonder my wisdom that I keep 3 Harleys with a Blue book value today of about $30K in the garage, while two cages with a BB value of about $50K sit outside in the weather.
They are my rides, and I've decided!! Bikes are special, cages are,,, transportation.

I wonder my wisdom that I keep 3 Harleys with a Blue book value today of about $30K in the garage, while two cages with a BB value of about $50K sit outside in the weather.
They are my rides, and I've decided!! Bikes are special, cages are,,, transportation.

Nothing wrong with that strategy - a bike has many more parts exposed to the weather. A car or truck is pretty much a sealed entity as long as the windows are up. Only thing that's going to hurt it is hail.

I keep my bike in the shop behind the house and MOST of the time spotless and I ride it A LOT. My truck on the other hand is another story. It is a truck, it gets me from point A to point B and through the woods for hunting.

I have alwayes wanted a new bike i got lucky last aug i got an 09 ultra. i have never had a new truck or wanted one,cus i treat it like a truck, winter driving only or haulin stuff..Bike in barn, 92 S-10 in driveway..

My Heritage is wiped down,Pledged or waxed(depending on how dirty it got on the last ride)in my driveway before I even start it.I ride with a guy who hasn't touched his machine in 15 years yet his smile is just as big as mine when we're riding.To each his own.Cleanliness is next to Godliness.I've been in rich peoples houses that were dirty and unkempt and have been in houses of the less fortunate that were spotless.To me cleanliness is the great equalizer.

my harley gets cleaned only when dirty.it gets polished only after say 5 washes it lives in a garage.only if i think it has picked up salt do i wash after rideing.my suzuki bandit lives out side all year round is used every day snow included,gets washed every week
cos its filthy.one is for pleasure the other is a working bike.you pay your money and takes your choise..

I know people that leave their bikes out all the time. I can't do it.I bought my truck new in 92 and it has never spent a night in a garage.My bike has never spent a night out , unless I was on it. The only time it's been rained on is when I get caught out on it.

my suzuki stays out side and has only just started to show a spot of rust on the steering stem chromed top nut. its 7 years old .placeing a wet bike into a warm garage with out wipeing it down can encourage rust,good wax and a good clean help to keep it in good order

Back