free website stats program Know Your Security System | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Know Your Security System

Just bought a 2007 Roadking and no FOB was given to me by the dealer, does this mean I don't have a security system? I have the little icon on the dash.

Hey Nuke I believe your FOB doesn't have a Button. The FOB with buttons has just that Buttons. Yours is like mine I believe and it just has the bar and shield. I thought it was a button a first too. :) :cheers

Hi Mr. Data, I'm new to a bike with security system, 2007 fatboy with no manual... I want to remove the battery for winter storage. Does your post of "If you just turn on the key and remove the maxi fuse, you would be in business without all the noise" mean that's all I have to do before I remove the battery? And what about next spring? I have just gotten done reading a ton of post on finding out my code, which I plan on doing first thing in the morning and have printed out the "wallet card" to record the info. Just want to be sure to do it right... Thanks
Klarock: Where did you get your 'Wallet card' from?

GrapeApe: I think you'll find a wallet card in your owner's manual. At least that's where mine was; a punch-out.

Klarock: Where did you get your 'Wallet card' from?

Here is a copy of the wallet card

Walletcard.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i just purchased a 2001 flhtcui ultra classic the alarm seems to be working fine although the siren has a mind of its own it goes off whenever it feels like it i can be riding or it can be just sitting there what can i do about it is it possible to disconect it i really dont care if it works or not

i just purchased a 2001 flhtcui ultra classic the alarm seems to be working fine although the siren has a mind of its own it goes off whenever it feels like it i can be riding or it can be just sitting there what can i do about it is it possible to disconect it i really dont care if it works or not

Your siren has it's own battery ( if it is OEM), so it will work even if the bike battery is disconnected. The internal battery may be what's causing erratic operation. Easy to check out or disable. Remove R. saddlebag, and R. plastic side cover (pulls straight out). The ECM is the finned black box on left, with the big elec. connector on the bottom. Remove the 3 (?) 7/16" nuts holding ECM to the frame,pull it out and look behind the ECM. The siren is hidden in a little compartment in the back, there's a small connector to unplug and you are done. Replace battery if desired, or remove unit (or leave unplugged).

Hey All, I am new to this forum, looks like there is a lot of good info on here....Here is the problem I have, hope someone can give some insight...I have a 2009 Rocker c equipped with the security fob (no buttons)...with key in ignition and switch turned on I get the red key icon on gauge and when turning run switch to 'run' starter will do nothing but lights and horn work...is this possibly a security issue or will starter usually still spin engine over with no start.....help..please

That is a symptom of the handlebar off/run switch being in the "off" position. Could also be something else, but I've done the above.

I have a 2009 nightster that i want to install a siren on the alarm system.Does Harley make a siren and if it does what is the part #.

Just purchased a 2013 ultra limited. How do you turn on the chirp mode on the security system. Followed the operators manual, no success, makes me wonder if an audible chirp is included

Back