free website stats program Know Your Security System | Harley Davidson Forums

Know Your Security System

glider.

BOT Machine
Tips and Tricks

Most new Harley-Davidson motorcycles are equipped with a state-of-the-art security system. Here is a brief overview to help familiarize you with this important feature.

You can arm or disarm your system using the available key fob remote or manually, using the turn-signal buttons on your bars which is covered in the owners manual and has to be set up by the dealer/owner of the bike. Most dealers will program a code into the bike so they should have this info if you wish to use that code.
In addition to the standard operating mode, there is also an auto-arm mode ,a special bike-transport mode as well as a storage mode.
Wallet-size instructions are included with your owner's manual.
Keep your security access code in a safe place for the manual mode. If you arm your system and lose your code, your alarm module must be replaced.
Complete instructions are available in your owner's manual , you should acquaint yourself with them before they are needed.

You should be given a training session on the operation of your remote when you pick up your new Harley-Davidson motorcycle by the sales person.

More info on arming and the features of the system are available in this section of the forum where this post resides.

Thanks Romain.

If you just turn on the key and remove the maxi fuse, you would be in business without all the noise.:D

Hi Mr. Data, I'm new to a bike with security system, 2007 fatboy with no manual... I want to remove the battery for winter storage. Does your post of "If you just turn on the key and remove the maxi fuse, you would be in business without all the noise" mean that's all I have to do before I remove the battery? And what about next spring? I have just gotten done reading a ton of post on finding out my code, which I plan on doing first thing in the morning and have printed out the "wallet card" to record the info. Just want to be sure to do it right... Thanks

Yes, turn on the key and remove the maxi before removing the battery. Next spring just install the battery then the maxi. Have the fob handy just in case but the battery in the siren has to charge up again.

Just bought a 2007 Roadking and no FOB was given to me by the dealer, does this mean I don't have a security system? I have the little icon on the dash.

Most all have the Icon on the dash. If you check the part number on the TSM/TSSM, it will tell you if you have one or not.

Hey all I am new to this forum and new Harley's and I have a question. I just purchased a 2006 FLHXI with alarm and key fob but no manual ( alarm or service) and when I try to activate alarm, nothing happens. Can someone recommend a link for alarm manual or maybe point me in the direction I should start in for trouble shooting? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

First thing I would check is the FOB battery. Do you get anything at all when you activate it? I take it that the FOB has buttons on it?

The owners manual will have the operating instructions in it. The dealer can get you one of those if you don't have it.

First thing I would check is the FOB battery. Do you get anything at all when you activate it? I take it that the FOB has buttons on it?

The owners manual will have the operating instructions in it. The dealer can get you one of those if you don't have it.

I get nothing when I push the button. It is the fob that has the one large button with the "Bar and Shield" on it. The dealer sells the manual right?

Excellent, I'll try the battery in the fob first. Thanks for the info. I used to be a member of the Road Star Clinic when I had my Roadie and those guys had alot of good advice, I was hoping for something similar when I picked up the Street Glide and I can see I found it here. Thanks.

Back