free website stats program knocking | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

knocking

I knew that I would reuse the chrome cover but I thought the black plastic housing that it mounts to was replaced also with one that has more air holes. I will look up the tfi. Not sure what it is yet. I am a vet so I guess I would get a discount. Thanks for the heads up.
WAP.gif

You get a different backing plate also that is a bit smaller than the present one. It allows the air to access the new taller filter easier because it lifts the chrome cover up just a bit.

The TFI is a unit that is plug and play and easy to hook up and adjust that takes the place of the dealer download only the TFI is adjustable to get the correct amount of fuel where the download from the dealer is still lean and non adjustable. It comes with recommended settings and you can tweak it from there if you wish.

There's may topics on the TFI here...
Diagnostics and Fuel Injection Related - Harley Davidson Community

If any one has had detonation for a period of time I would have the heads pulled off and check the tops of the pistons for hot spotting, this is a BIG engine killer if not looked into JMO

Stage 1 intake is on. Now waiting on the TFI. Would it be safe to see how it runs now with just the intake on? Is there a chance that just that may eliminate the problem? I dont want to do any motor damage. Also, I changed my spark plugs and they were a bit white, which means lean right?

Stage 1 intake is on. Now waiting on the TFI. Would it be safe to see how it runs now with just the intake on? Is there a chance that just that may eliminate the problem? I dont want to do any motor damage. Also, I changed my spark plugs and they were a bit white, which means lean right?

I didn't Read ALL the back post... Answer to this post only..

IF MINE,,,,, I would run it for a SHORT ride and then park it and wait Until the TFI comes for any Lengthy runs....

The plug color is white and CRUSTY white is from TOO LEAN and HOT.... ?? Wrong advance or Low octane gas....

This will have shown on the piston also if run for a long time IF TOO LEAN and HOT.

Riders think I am KIDDING when I say HD is WAYYYYYYYYYYY too lean and doing a Full stage one is NOT good for the engine WITHOUT proper fuel MIX...

JUST saying A SHORT ride.....

signed....BUBBIE

Yep on all the above. I just put a TFI on my Street Glide, big difference. Great bang for the buck in my opinion. Lots of help to tune on the this website and Dobeck...:D

I ordered the tfi today. they give a great discount for veterans. They also give a discount for being a forum member. I should have it in a few days.
WAP.gif

Back