free website stats program Klock Werks Windshield?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Klock Werks Windshield??

Slapp pretty much supports what I've always said. If you like the LOOKS of a Klockwerks shield, then there's no other alternative. As far as FUNCTION, I think there are many other brands that do as good, if not better.

I havent tried the Klockwerks but a major problem with the stock shield on the Ultra is how far away from the rider it is. That distance allows the air going over the top to tumble back down on the riders head and mix with any air coming up from underneath (around the lowers, etc.). To move the shield closer to the rider Cee Bailey puts that bend at the bottom of the shield then it rises. The other good thing this does is that moving it closer means you can look over the same height shield you were looking through when it was at the standard position. In reality you dont need the same height shield with the flip added, you can run a lower one with good result. I am 6' 2" and like the 12inch CB fine (same height as the 9 inch Harley) and it looks pretty cool in my opinion. That said you could even go a couple inches higher and still be in no danger of looking through the shield which to me is a big benefit of this type of shield. No road grime etc. to look through...
Phil

I had a 6.5 KW and it was better than the stock 4 inch, but overall I couldn't wait to get rid of it. I went with a 9 inch classic from Long Ride Shields and much happier.

Thanks for all the replies. This won't be easy! About the only way I see this is to bite the bullet and buy one? Then decide from there. I really like the LOOK of the the Klock Werks on a Streetglide, but thats just me. If I don't like it theres always E Bay!!

Thanks for all the replies. This won't be easy! About the only way I see this is to bite the bullet and buy one? Then decide from there. I really like the LOOK of the the Klock Werks on a Streetglide, but thats just me. If I don't like it theres always E Bay!!

Think you'll dig it. Let the forum know the results and happy riding.

Back