free website stats program Klock Werks Windshield?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Klock Werks Windshield??

ScottR

Been looking for a new windshield for my streetglide. I am wondering #1 Are the Klock Werks as good as they claim? #2 I am a taller guy (6'2") Should I get the 8.5 in or the 11 in? Don't really like the looks of the 11in though. Anybody have one and have some input? Thanks

I am 5'10" and have the 6.5" with great results. My friend is 6'1" with the 8.5" and very pleased. Cool look also. Maybe click on picture and get idea of the look of the 6.5".

Attachments

• IMG_0882.jpg
    IMG_0882.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0869.jpg
    IMG_0869.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 97
I don't have a Klock Werks, but I do have a WindVest tinted 8" on my 2010 FLHTK. It works and looks great. Absolutely no vibration, no buffetting etc. I'm only 5'8" and I can still see over the top. WindVest claims the windshields works 2"'s taller than it actually is. I believe it......

Got an 8.5 on my ultra, like it very much. wife does also, stopped her head from getting buffeted around.

Have the 8.5" KW shield @ 5'11" & it routes air just above helmet so you'll be real close w/stock seat @ 6'2". Haven't tried since seat mod this winter (lowered 1.5"), but you could do the same. Send seat to Mean City Cycles for double mem foam & lowering - can't wait for spring to test drive mine...

Scottr; definitely need the taller shield w/your height, but also look at ways to stop buffeting from below (fork baffle & lowers). My w/s upgrade helped alot & adding lowers, fairing wings & fork baffle pretty much cleared all the "dirty air."

I had one, hated it and sold it. The idea behind the Klock Werks windshield is that it creates a swirling area that comes up and around the windshield (look at their video on-line) pushing the air up and over the rider. Unfortunatly because of my limited hight (5'5") I am forced to sit forward on the bike (Electra Glide) and I sat right in the middle of the upward draft that this windshield creates. It caused severe buffering under my helmet forcing my head back creating pains in my neck and shoulders. I recomend this windshild for people who are taller, and do not recomend it at all for anyone who use a seat that pushes them forward as it will put you right in the midlle of a wind tunnel. Also when looking through this windshield should you need to, it distorts everything, makes it look all out of shape.
On the cool factor this winshield looks awsome.

Back