free website stats program Killer Recipes | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

Killer Recipes

Remember the Mississippi Roast recipe, back on page 6.
My daughter in law made it with boneless skinless chicken thighs, wow it was good, we had it last night, try it

Cream cheese and shrimp stuffed Jalapenos on the grill. I apologize for no pictures, yesterday was the first time I ever made them and on my buddy's grill at his house while splashing in the pool and drinking beers with the wives.

10 good sized Jalapenos, cut in half lengthwise, remove all the seeds and pulp, a spoon works well for this, rinse set aside.
8 oz cream cheese softened ( nuked it 10 seconds) add 1/2 to 1 tsp garlic powder to taste ( I like garlic)
20 fresh large shrimp, peeled de-veined, head off.
1 lb. thin sliced bacon

Fill each jalapeno half with cream cheese mixture, press in a shrimp ( make ~ 3 slices across each shrimp to make it lay flat) and wrap each with a piece of bacon, push in a toothpick to hold on the bacon.

Start your fire, it's gotta be charcoal for flavor and use enough for medium heat, let ash over. I added 4 more briquettes at the corners of the pile to add smoke while cooking. Grill covered for~ 20 minutes in a slotted pan that has been sprayed prior with a non-stick cooking spray. Uncover the pan and cook another 20 minutes or so, when the bacon looks done everything else is:D

Ok you chow hounds, it's Labor Day weekend and I know there is some good stuff on the barbie, stove, or microwave (god forbid) this is our contribution.
Stuffed Jalapenos with garlic laced cream cheese, cheese filled L'il Smokies and wrapped in bacon, sure are yummy...enjoy

Attachments

• IMG_0770.jpg
    IMG_0770.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I did Texas twinkies. Jalapenos stuffed with cheeses and pulled brisket. Wrapped in bacon, then smoked. A pain to make, but a definate hit with everyone

I did Texas twinkies. Jalapenos stuffed with cheeses and pulled brisket. Wrapped in bacon, then smoked. A pain to make, but a definate hit with everyone

Yep, put on the nitrile gloves before I cut and scape the peppers, pre-cook the bacon ~ halfway, stick myself several times with toothpicks....but did I mention the sound of opening your first Bub...ahhhh!:)

Back