free website stats program Killer Recipes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Killer Recipes

New England Baked Fish

Ingredients
1 1/2 lbs. of your favorite fish. Haddock, walleye, bass, trout, they all taste good with this method
3/4 cup milk (optional for soaking strong flavored fish )
6 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons onions, chopped fine
1 to 3 garlic clove, minced ( depending on your taste preference)
1/4 cup dry sherry
1 tablespoon dried parsley I’ve even used fresh parsley and it works just fine
1 dash paprika
1 dash of salt. (I omit this one….blood pressure issues)
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup crushed*butter flavored cracker*(such as Ritz or Townhouse)

Preheat oven to 350°F.
Rinse fish and then soak in milk (This will take away any "fishiness").
Melt butter in a small frying pan. Add onion and saute until softened, then add garlic.
Remove from heat, add sherry, parsley, paprika and salt.

Mix bread crumbs with crushed cracker crumbs.
Remove fish from milk, rinse again, Pat dry on paper towels, then place in a baking dish.
Pour crumb mixture over fish cover all the fish.

Slowly pour butter/sherry mixture evenly over the crumbs.

Bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes. Place under broiler on high until golden brown and slightly crispy. (Watch it closely, this does not take long.).
Enjoy!

Note: My wife was not a fish eating fan until I tried this one. Now she'll eat almost any fish I prepare this way.

like to see some venison recipees here . seen alot of u hunt flintlock , according to the gun locker. close quaters here for me . mainly bow

Fathers day 43 inch, 30 pound striper great eating next one is going on a cedar plank.

Last edited by a moderator:
An old timer here gave me this for venison. Soak meat overnight in beer, Place meat in a brown in bag and place in 350* oven with onion soup mix (dry), carrots and potatoes. After meat reaches 165* open bag and cook another 10 to 15 min., basting the meat with the liquid. I have tried this with backstrap that weighted about 2 1/2 lbs and it takes about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs.

like to see some venison recipees here . seen alot of u hunt flintlock , according to the gun locker. close quaters here for me . mainly bow
2 bottles of Teriyaki
1/2 chopped onion
1 tblspn minced garlic
12 oz of crushed pineapple in juice
Marinade in mixture 3 to 20 hours depending on the cut of meat and how old the deer was, or weather he was dinning on pine needles.
Grill over HOT charcoals, not too long, venison dries out FAST.

Here's a shrimp skewer recipe which is simple, quick and super tasty on the BBQ. Feeds 2 people:

1 pound of jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
1/3 cup butter or margerine
2 cloves minced garlic
McCormick Creole Seasoning

Soak your skewers for a few minutes in water to avoid burning. In microwave, melt butter and add garlic. Skewer your shrimp. Brush on butter/garlic mix on both sides of shrimp. Sprinkle Creole seasoning over skewers (not too much. A little goes a long way!!) Throw on BBQ a few minutes a side until shrimp is at least white (I like a LITTLE char per side). If there is butter left, rebrush when you flip your shrimp. Serve with little red potatoes and a veggie (we like asparagus). ENJOY!!

Last edited:
Chicken Creole, chicken , canned or fresh, chicken gravy, crushed tomatoes, 1 can Rotel, heat in sauce pan, over mashed potatoes or rice, spice it up with your favorite hot sauce:s

CAJUN FRIED TURKEY

First, open one 16oz. cold Budwiser or whatever your brand may be.

For One Turkey

In a large bowl mix together the following:

1/2 bottle liquid Garlic 2oz. Bottle
1/2 bottle liquid Onion 2oz. Bottle
1/2 cup Crystal Hot Sauce
1/2 cup Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 cup Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
1/4 cup Real Lemon juice
1 cup white wine

Inject the thawed turkey with the above mixture, be very liberal, inject
everywhere, legs, thighs, wings, back and breasts. Shake Tony's Creole
seasoning thoroughly in the cavity and on all outside areas of the turkey.
Allow to sit overnite in the refrigerator (10-12 hrs) so the seasoning will
permeate throughout the bird.

Open your second Budwiser.

In a large pot heat approx 3 gals of peanut oil to 350 degrees F. More may be
required depending on pot size or size of turkey. Your turkey should be in the
11 - 13 lb. range and should just be covered with the oil when lowered into the
pot. Frying for 3 min. per lb is the rule of thumb on turkeys up to 12 lb. If your
If your bird is over 13 lb. cook an additional 5 min for each lb. over 13. I do not
recommend frying a turkey any larger than 15 lb.

Put two more Budwisers on ice and call me when it is done.

your buddy, gator!

Yum,Yum

Grilled bacon wrapped shrimp

1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp Lea & Perrins
2 tbsp lemon juice
4 tbsp melted butter
1lb bacon, thick sliced
18-20 jumbo shrimp

Cut the bacon in half and partially cook, just before crisp.
Combine the butter and spices, add shrimp, toss well to coat and let marinate about an hour(if you can wait that long). reserve the marinade.
Wrap a 1/2 slice of bacon around each shrimp, securing with toothpicks.
Cook on a hot grill for 4 minutes, brush the shrimp with marinade, turn over and cook another 4 minutes until shrimp are opaque.

ENJOY!!

Another 1 for the grill!!
Grilled Stuffed Cabbage

1 large cabbage
1 large onion
1/2 lb bacon
2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
aluminum foil

Chop onion and render down with bacon in a skillet, crumble bacon. Core cabbage and hollow out, mix BBQ with bacon and onions and fill cabbage. Wrap cabbage in double layer of foil and cook for 1 hour on hot grill. The outer leaves will char somewhat.

hint: make a foil ring to put cabbage on when on grill to keep it from rolling around.

Easy to do and yummy...enjoy!!

All this grilln, we need some appetizers:

1 2-lb brick of velveeta
1 can Rotel regular
1 can Rotel extra hot

Mix all together until velveeta is completely melted. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips or Fritos.

To "kick it up" a little, add a pound of your favorite sausage, cooked and crumbled, to the mixture.

CAUTION: This is not for those with sensitive mouths.

Back