free website stats program Kids touching while folks stand by? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Kids touching while folks stand by?

After 40 years of riding and owing MANY bikes....YES, this has happened many, many times.

You just can't sweat the small stuff. They're KIDS! It's their JOB to be inquisitive and want to touch something that is so big and shiny and noisy and looks like exactly what it IS....a "toy"....it is maybe a "grown-up" toy, but it IS a toy, and kids like toys!

Now don't get me wrong Boys. I would NEVER let my own kids touch something that didn't belong to them, and the parents should be far more diligent about their kid's behavior.

But don't blame the kids...what they're doing is what comes naturally to them!
And when you come right down to it, it's highly unlikely they'll actually do any harm to our bikes...they're just not all that delicate! :D

Now when I see ADULTS touching my bike....WHOLE different story...I'm not so understanding!

While I agree Richard that kids are kids and don't know any better, until taught. It's just plain inexcusiable that the parent(s) allow it, and not teach the kids boundaries.

This past weekend I looked over and he was using the roof and hood of His Dad's corvette as a sliding board. I told him if he sprayed his dads car down with pledge, he would slide faster!
HeHeHe
Boy did I hear alot of screaming about an hour later!

That is great!:lolrolling Classic revenge!

Crazyfrog;246091 The neighbor boy is now 11 years old. This past weekend I looked over and he was using the roof and hood of His Dad's corvette as a sliding board. I told him if he sprayed his dads car down with pledge said:
:newsmile100::newsmile100:Some people just don't see the humor when it happens to them..

Karma, gotta love it sometimes..

Not had a problem with my own bike. But its a different story with my job bike. I was having a chat with a youth in his house in one of the less pleasant estates in Manchester (UK) one evening when I hear outside a crash, my bike siren and sound of youths shouting. I find my bike on its side still wailing and lots of yellow eyes looking at me from dark alleyways. I then proceed to lift the heavy 1100 upright accompanied by cheering and abuse luckily minor damaged and a bent siren cone. I then rode off as dignified as possible, thinking it's a good job they don't give us firearms.
Retirement is good :bigsmiley24:

Same thing happen to me,was at morro bay,in california. was having a drink,turn around and there is two girls sitting on my bike,and their boy friend is taking pictures,all i could say was,if your going to sit on that bike,you better be topless, guess what happen. thats one time i did not get mad, but there has been many other times,seems to always be tourest that just,have to sit on our bikes,and the thing is,if they ask,i have no problem with it,,.BE SAFE

My neihbors kid was in my garage one day drawing on the gas tank of my sportster with a crayon! I walked out on accident and cought him in the act. I actually beat the twarp back to his front door in a foot race so I could tear into his dad. His dad yelled at him, the kid cried, then the dad said "Its ok baby, Mr Adams wont yell at you again"
Now, how in the world will this kid learn if that his dad tells him things will be ok and I wont yell at him again? (This all happeded about 4 years ago.)

The neighbor boy is now 11 years old. This past weekend I looked over and he was using the roof and hood of His Dad's corvette as a sliding board. I told him if he sprayed his dads car down with pledge, he would slide faster!
HeHeHe
Boy did I hear alot of screaming about an hour later!

Now thats Funny, i was not expecting that ending :newsmile100:

kids aren`t the only ones - my brother thought I would let him take my bike to work while I fixed his car . ignored his first 2 impled questions then informed him that less than 3 people have sat on the bike since I`ve owned it . he got the answer.
after dropping my old bike and not telling me about the damage , he has no chance to even look at my ultra .

Back