free website stats program Kids riding 2-up | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Kids riding 2-up

My dad had me riding on his bike at 5. I will have my granddaughter on my bike as soon as I can figure out how to secure the car seat to the bike.

I think she would be safer if you just put her in the saddle bag. :p
I used to take my son to baseball practice on my Sporty when he was 10-12. It was a good 20 miles away. All the other kids on his team always wanted rides too, so if it was ok with their parents, I took them. Always made sure they wore the helmet. When my son turned about 14 I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride on my Heritage after I got it, and he said no way. Then he asked me if I knew what they call the back seat. :D He's now 17 and 6'4" and he's not riding with me even if he wants to. :newsmile055:

I believe Texas just passed a law this year stating kids have to be 6 yrs old to be a passenger on a motorcycle.

Age 5, my kids could ride on my baggers, their feet did not quite reach the floor boards so they would put their feet on the rear crash bar:s

Started both of my kids about 4. they got to put their feet on top of the shocks and lean back on the sissy bar.
Some of my early memories are of riding with my grandpa on the BIG HARLEY. Maybe as early as 4, hanging on with arms around him. He would ride across one of the mountain roads around here. Bust out laughing when I grabbed real hard in a fast curve. Never thought about how dangerous it was. Not being able to put your feet anywhere except the right one on top of the kickstart, left mostly flopping in the wind. Wouldn't change one minute of it. MISS YOU OLD DAD

That works best with twins; it helps balance things out.

You wouldn't believe how many times I wanted to do it with these two, but their mother wouldn't let me. So I kept the twins and got rid of their mother. Best thing I ever did. :cheers

Attachments

• Daddy's little swingers.jpg
    Daddy's little swingers.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 8
I have never taken the kids for a ride, now they are grown and have there own rides. However, prudence would demand that they be big enough, strong enough, and have the correct attitude (usually from mom and pop) to be able to ride. Age will vary. JMO

Back