free website stats program Just when your ready to pull the trigger... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Just when your ready to pull the trigger...

So thats what that space is for !! I was thinking of using foam rubber blocks to wedge the TFI in that space.....then decided to use the Velcro and stick it to the side of the battery leaving enough slack so I could peel the TFI off, make adjustments then stick it back.
From there I crossed to the other side of the Tank and up the left side. Right side has enough wires coming out at the end. (your choice there) SC

Re: BANG !! Stage 1

Actually the PCIII can be set up just as easily as the TFI. There are 3 buttons right on the unit to control both low, mid, and high ranges for adjusting fuel rates. Hooking a laptop up to the PCIII and either making a custom map, or installing a pre-fab map are just one of the ways to control it. Plus, an added bonus for the PCIII is that you can store a map on laptop and then just go right back to it later on if so desired eg;if you change pipes or a/c set up. Plus, if you are really into making your bike run right, you can adjust the timing on the PCIII and to top it off, you can make adjustments to both the front and rear cylinders individually. In the end, its up to the individual what they are going to use though.

Absolutely!! If and when future MODS require timing and other specific changes that can really dial it in; by all means I wouldn't hesitate to look at the many choices of fine Tuners out there (can't say I'm crazy 'bout somebody twisting the (EDIT) out of my throttle for hrs on a dyno). Being new to this and not owning a laptop (now), and simply wanting to just add fuel... this was easy. Set it forget it. Change slip-ons again...maybe turn a screw?
Is there a Power Vision in my future ? Perhaps ...unless I-Phone has a AP for That :swoon
SC

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I choose the PCV over the TFI. I bought the entire stage one setup as a package and the cost of the PCV was only a little more than the TFI. A little bit more for a lot more versatility.

So thats what that space is for !! I was thinking of using foam rubber blocks to wedge the TFI in that space.....then decided to use the Velcro and stick it to the side of the battery leaving enough slack so I could peel the TFI off, make adjustments then stick it back.
From there I crossed to the other side of the Tank and up the left side. Right side has enough wires coming out at the end. (your choice there) SC

Yea I think so if you look closely on the front of it it says something about the sidecar tip sensor. Thanx for the advice Ill look at it again when mine comes in. Did you go with the TFI or the Gen 3?

Yea I think so if you look closely on the front of it it says something about the sidecar tip sensor. Thanx for the advice Ill look at it again when mine comes in. Did you go with the TFI or the Gen 3?

I went with TFI. When I clicked on my make and model year.. thats what they listed. They do offer a Touring/high compression/high HP ...my guess is thats for big bore kits and what have ya. I have Touring FI-1252ST
SC

On MY 09 FLHR, I installed my TFI loosely in the BOX that is for the ABS braking system... It is probably the same box(right-side cover).. I put my unit Loose in a soft cloth and set it there.. It stays just fine loose..... Wrapping all the extra wire into a loop and soft removable tie to that.. I can take it out, LENGTHEN the wires and tune IF NECESSARY but Once tuned to my Full stage One on my 96" engine, I have never had to touch it.. REALLY HAPPY with performance and runability of my ride.

I did RE-tune TFI a while back when I Installed SE255 cams...

The Idle seamed a little FAT so I re-addjusted it DOWN (less fuel on pot one) just till it smoothed out... You can sure hear and feel the cams..Opening Lift of .550 is a lot over the stock HD cams. Love the sound and the Low end POWER,,,,,, they do enhance the ride..

The reason the Less Fuel on the TFI was needed is because of the added Lift and BREATH the bike pulls in with the bigger cams....

signed....BUBBIE

Back