free website stats program Just when your ready to pull the trigger... | Harley Davidson Forums

Just when your ready to pull the trigger...

SunCruise

Banned
Something or things new pop up !!! There I was trying to decide between a TFI and the PC-v when out pops the FM Power Vision. :panic

As for the exhaust...I pretty much have decided on the Suppertrapp SE Fish tails. (mostly about the looks ) unless of course I just stay with the Dyno Tuned Jackpots, only to see that Jackpot came out with a NEW 4 1/2 Pro Touring. I know the quality is there in and out, but I wonder how they would look on a RK Classic. Any Classic owners have these yet ?
SC

I added the TFI and V/H big Ovals with the S/E big air kit and it woke up my 96 ci. The TFI is a great way to go for me and the cost was affordable. I still have to add a set of headers and get rid of the stock ones with the cat!!But doesn't matter what you choose you'll be happy, and the most pleasure is installing it all on your own...

Thanks to you all. It's so easy to become overwhelmed with choices so now I think I will "Keep It Simple Stupid" and go with the TFI and a Ness Big Sucker added to my Jackpot muffs. STAGE 1.

Next Q. buy from manu... or shop e-bay or other ?? are the savings worth it ? (warrenties etc.) Again thanks for the input. SC

BANG !! Stage 1

So after the smoke clears... I chose the S&S tear drop AC, TFI and although I like the Supertrapp Fish Tails... I changed up and got V&H Fish Tails.
Whether still limits my riding but I did get a couple short ones in.
Love the sound of the V&H's (quiet baffles still in box) And with the addition of the TFI the sound is even better. There's a kind of fullness to it. The throttle response is right there, it pulls easier, and sound is great. The simplicity of the TFI well.. I couldn't be happier. As for the many different pipe options out there... even more will look just fine with my classic now that I can switch out the leather bags to hard. Thanks All
SC

Re: BANG !! Stage 1

So, you guys prefer TFI to PowerCommander?

I do!

It's easier to set up , no computer needed to do it and for most street ridden bikes it's all that is needed. These are Harleys which to me says that it isn't like a Swiss watch that needs to be tuned to the max.

Re: BANG !! Stage 1

I do!

It's easier to set up , no computer needed to do it and for most street ridden bikes it's all that is needed. These are Harleys which to me says that it isn't like a Swiss watch that needs to be tuned to the max.

Actually the PCIII can be set up just as easily as the TFI. There are 3 buttons right on the unit to control both low, mid, and high ranges for adjusting fuel rates. Hooking a laptop up to the PCIII and either making a custom map, or installing a pre-fab map are just one of the ways to control it. Plus, an added bonus for the PCIII is that you can store a map on laptop and then just go right back to it later on if so desired eg;if you change pipes or a/c set up. Plus, if you are really into making your bike run right, you can adjust the timing on the PCIII and to top it off, you can make adjustments to both the front and rear cylinders individually. In the end, its up to the individual what they are going to use though.

SunCruise where did you mount your TFI? I have a '09 RKC as well and am ordering a TFI. When I had it all tore open I was looking for a good mounting spot for it. I found on the right side(sitting on bike) theres a open box about
4.5"x5" that says sidecar tip sensor on it. As I dont plan on utilizing that space with a sidecar I thought it might work well but wasnt sure if all the connections were long enough for that to work?

Back