free website stats program Just sent our Golden Retriever to "Doggy Heaven" | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Just sent our Golden Retriever to "Doggy Heaven"

So sorry for your loss Doc. I get very attached to my dogs. Had to put my 14 yr. old black lab early this year. While we were at Jamaica last month, our 8 yr. old "foxy" died. She was a little sick before we left, but the girls were supposed to take care of her. I called home everyday checking on her, the girls said she was doing better. Found out later, she died 2 days after we left. They said they didnt want to ruin our trip, and I understand their intentions, but it caused us a whole lot more pain when we found out. The vet said he thought she had parvo. I fully understand how you and your wife are feeling right now. Our hearts go out to you. {Really loved the story fourdogs sent in.}

So sorry to hear of your loss....Dogs just seem to become part of the family. I'll give my two a good ole' belly scratch from 'Peaches'.

So sorry for your loss Doc. I get very attached to my dogs. Had to put my 14 yr. old black lab early this year. While we were at Jamaica last month, our 8 yr. old "foxy" died. She was a little sick before we left, but the girls were supposed to take care of her. I called home everyday checking on her, the girls said she was doing better. Found out later, she died 2 days after we left. They said they didnt want to ruin our trip, and I understand their intentions, but it caused us a whole lot more pain when we found out. The vet said he thought she had parvo. I fully understand how you and your wife are feeling right now. Our hearts go out to you. {Really loved the story fourdogs sent in.}

I would love to take credit for the "Rainbow Bridge" but can not in fact the author is anonymous...I have it on a card on my refrigerator...A lot of folks know the wife,and I have cared for many so called "throw away pets" the abandon...an the mistreated pets over the years..We have great compassion for those who have lost their pets..and I will copy the "Rainbow Bridge" and send it to them because it seems to give people hope....Right now we have 4 so called throw away pet in our home..a Chow, a Belgian Shepard , a Golden and a Shepard..kinda...all are what we lovingly refer to as mutts...Don't call 'em mixed coz trust me they are 100 percent DOG...They all get along so good which is another mystery to many including me...lol Oh before I forget...Dog spelled backwards is " God " cool huh?

I would love to take credit for the "Rainbow Bridge" but can not in fact the author is anonymous...I have it on a card on my refrigerator...A lot of folks know the wife,and I have cared for many so called "throw away pets" the abandon...an the mistreated pets over the years..We have great compassion for those who have lost their pets..and I will copy the "Rainbow Bridge" and send it to them because it seems to give people hope....Right now we have 4 so called throw away pet in our home..a Chow, a Belgian Shepard , a Golden and a Shepard..kinda...all are what we lovingly refer to as mutts...Don't call 'em mixed coz trust me they are 100 percent DOG...They all get along so good which is another mystery to many including me...lol Oh before I forget...Dog spelled backwards is " God " cool huh?

Not to hijack my own thread but I couldn't resist:

Did you hear about the agnostic, dyslexic, insomniac? He stayed awake all night wondering if there really was a dog!

I know I'm slow but I just noticed the correlation between your pet situation and your screen name. What happens if you go soft and adopt a fifth, then a sixth? You're gonna have to keep updating that name!

Hi Doc, I just wanted to say that I now know why parents take the kids on vacation....:D We just returned from a week at our place in WV and the dogs had so much fun, I hated to drag them away. They got to run in the woods, no fences, (@ 200 acres) and swim in the ponds, chasing balls and other critters etc. Evening runs around the ridge on the four wheeler, some beautiful sunsets on our tower etc. I just wanted to say I thought of you and your loss, and hope you are well. Our dogs are still young, 3 & 4. Molly was a rescue case, and the lab was sort of a rescue, we bought him last year from a family that kept him chained up in their yard and didn't have time for him. No abuse for him, just neglect. Hope you are all well. :s

Doc D, my sympathies for your loss. I've been through that too many times already, and do not look forward to the day when one of our two dogs are called home. My wife doesn't understand how people live without dogs. Moose and Jack will definitely get belly scratches from "Peaches" tonight.

Back