free website stats program Just sent our Golden Retriever to "Doggy Heaven" | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Just sent our Golden Retriever to "Doggy Heaven"

Sorry to hear that Doc, I just been thru it last two weeks. My 4 years old German Sheppher has some sort of cancer and I have to put him down two weeks ago, "Dundee" is playing just fine like every day and all of sudden, he has a hard time to breath, I took him to the VET and was told posibility of cancer that came from deertics, gave him some medicine from the VET but doesn't helps much, the VET knews all about it but just have to try ti and two days later, I've made a very tough decision.

Doc...so sorry my friend..My wife, and I have rescued dogs for many many years and its never easy to say goodbye to a pet. Some folks have laughed at us because of our strong feelings for animals and its ok...For you to read...its always helped me...Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone
here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and
hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are
warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and
vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong
again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times
gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small
thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to
be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one
suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are
intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the
group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and
faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend
finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be
parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands
again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the
trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never
absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together

i can't thank you enough for that. my wife and I are sitting here in tears after reading it. Don't really care if anyone laughs about that or not!

So sorry Dr.D, :( We have an old Yorkie that will be leaving us way to soon and we get comfort knowing that he will be waiting for us to call his name and come running just like Peaches will be waiting for your call. I don't care if the bible doesn't address this, their spirit will be waiting on you/us and a grand reunion it will be!! God bless you and Peaches

Been there done that, I know the pain. I have a 17yo Lab that I know is going to be joining your Golden before too long......may they run fast and long, playing as pups again when they meet...........

Condolances from our Cockers Cleo and Lincoln and myself.

LinclonCleo.jpg

Last edited:
They are our family, an important part of our lives. Losing them is a painful thing.
You grieve as you would for the loss of any old and faithful friend.
My condolances to your family.

I'm sorry about your dog doc, a few years ago we had to have my English setter put to sleep. People seem to take for granted the bond we form with our animal companions. I know that Bernie my setter helped me get through some of the hardest times in my life.

I'm truely sorry.

So Sorry to hear about your loss, we just lost our 9 year old Beagle about a month ago to Congestive Heart Failure. I know how hard it is, our thoughts go out to you!

Doc - sorry to hear of your loss. I know how you feel. I have a toy dachshund, 11 years old and I know the day is coming when the Good Lord will call her home. Not looking forward to that. Had to put her brother down on Dec. 27, 2006 - totally devastated us. My wife and I will give our "Pookie" a special hug in memoriam for "Peaches.". Take care my friend.

Back