free website stats program Just Ordered my Gen3 | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Just Ordered my Gen3

Must be the season.......got my Gen3 yesterday and installed today, install is a breeze and all went well, bike sounds better, went around the block and it has more pick up, didn't get a chance to get on the road since storm was moving in, I'll be out tomorrow morn early to give it a run, I didn't change any settings yet, seems to be running good, think I'll run a couple tanks of gas to get a feel before I make adjustments.

I'm already impressed with the change in the bike and I didn't get out of 3rd gear, can't wait to go for a run.

hey Garlab, let me know how your bike is running, i also got mine in today and short ride, but filled the tank for tomorrow;s ride..:)) i have stock a/c and exhaust , but new a/c k&n is on the way, and rush exhaust,,i will let you know how i am doin also, today i seemed to notice a big improvement in 4,5 gears, and getting up in speed easier. later ryd..

hey Garlab, let me know how your bike is running, i also got mine in today and short ride, but filled the tank for tomorrow;s ride..:)) i have stock a/c and exhaust , but new a/c k&n is on the way, and rush exhaust,,i will let you know how i am doin also, today i seemed to notice a big improvement in 4,5 gears, and getting up in speed easier. later ryd..

Just got back from a quick run, big improvement, I really noticed the difference in throttle response, the bike has a lot more pick up, I can't believe it took me 6 years to do this, this is truely "money well spent".

I want to run a couple tanks of gas before I make any changes, curious to see how big of a drop in mileage I'll get.

Groundhawg,

Did you ever get to install your TFI/Gen3? If so, did you have a hard time with it like I did and exactly where did you mount the unit?

Yep - installed it today. I posted some pics in the thread I started

TFI and Mustang Seats - Harley Davidson Community

The only problem I had was getting the connectors to click in on the Gen 3 to injector connection. I ended up cutting off a bit of the locking post on the Gen 3 connection before they would latch.

All in all it wasn't a bad install. I'm not sure how long it took - I did it as part of a stage one - pipes, AC and the Gen 3 - and that took the better part of the day. It shouldn't have taken that long but I had to hunt down tools, go buy a torque wrench and fit in a quick nap :D

My 04 RK was getting a lot of decel popping. I checked around and the Dobeck Gen 3 seemed like just the thing. If you're prior military, they will give you a nice discount, too. The install was a little tough, especially connecting the wires to the injectors. Not much room in there to work in. Leaving the factory settings alone, I could not believe the difference in the way my bike ran. No more popping, better throttle response and it seems to run a bit cooler. That may be just my imagination, though. In short, it was money well spent and I could'nt be happier.

I have to agree with HawkPilot.
I installed a GEN 3 on my Ultra about a month ago.
I liked it so much I got one for my Sportster last week and installed it.

Like I tell everyone, it will make your bike run the way it is should have run from the factory.
The EPA sure likes them running lean.
This should be the first mod done to a new bike.

Can't beat Doebecks latest deal, $50 off and free shipping.

Ron

Groundhawg,

Did you ever get to install your TFI/Gen3? If so, did you have a hard time with it like I did and exactly where did you mount the unit?

Bikergeek, I was wondering if you ever got your Gen3 installed in your heritage?

Last edited:
Bikergeek, I was wondering if you ever got your Gen3 installed in your heritage?

Another good Report on the HDT and Dobeck forum is the install by Geezer, a gen 3 on his wife's stock 09 softail.. A good read and it will help show where to locate the unit under the seat..

signed....BUBBIE

Back