free website stats program Just bought tires for my dyna so I can bring them into our local Harley dealer to change them out , | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Just bought tires for my dyna so I can bring them into our local Harley dealer to change them out ,

Look for a an independent shop that caters to road racers and knee draggers, Those shops charge about $30 to R/R and static balance if you bring them the wheel/tire assembly.

Or, go the DIY route as has been suggested. Back in the day when racing cross country scrambles I changed tires on my 250 Can An and 360 Husky on the floor of my garage with two tire tools. Tires were tubed and secured to the rim with sheet metal screws to keep them from slipping on the rim. That was then, this is now; to old and lazy when I can take the wheel/tire assembly a shop about 10 minutes from the house and wait 30 minutes for the new tire to be installed. ;)

See u get it . 30 min tops . This Harley dealer here is just way way over priced . I waited 4 weeks for them to rejet my other bike , they told me 3 days well that turned into a month of everydsy them calling saying the jet is on the truck & will b here today & you'll have your bike tomorrow a month of that. Finally I called corporate they went into their mainframe to see orders placed & this Harley never ordered the jet . So the guy from Corp overnighted it to me & I brang it to them. This local dealer (EDIT) way to much . U get what I'm saying totally . Thank u for uour response

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always changed my own tyres using tools I got many years ago
Recently did tyres on 92 softail took about 4 hours per tyre however that included cleaning wheel bearings checking end play and repacking with fresh grease and also removing cleaning etc on the brake pads and calipers may also have taken dogs out for a wee bit of exercise

Brian

Back