free website stats program Just bought tires for my dyna so I can bring them into our local Harley dealer to change them out , | Harley Davidson Forums

Just bought tires for my dyna so I can bring them into our local Harley dealer to change them out ,

B

Billytat2

So I buy brand new tires not from Harley but still Harley Michelin scorcher 2s so it would be alot cheaper then buying them rite from Harley & they still give me a price of $340.00 never in my life have I ever had to pay that much to have tires put on that I already bought . I've always paid $100-150. But chunky river Harley gets u everytime with price & time . Last year I needed to have my other bike rejetted a 7 min job took them 4 weeks & $400.00 . Total money hungry ripoffs . 1 jet .75 cents they wanted to charge me $400.00 . Thats meridian Mississippi chunky river Harley davidson .

Lots of good indys out there. Ask around I am sure someone can point you in the right direction

Sales are down so their going to find anyway to make up for it.
As Steve said, find a good Indy and forget about Harley.

Don't forget to check your local restaurant about cooking up a steak you bring them.

Lots of good indys out there. Ask around I am sure someone can point you in the right direction
This small town Harley is the only place that will touch harleys , Honda only touches Honda, ect ect.... even just to change tires . So this Harley here is a complete ripoff . They wanna charge me $50 less then if I would've bought the tires directly through them . Chunky river Harley is a ripoff

So I buy brand new tires not from Harley but still Harley Michelin scorcher 2s so it would be alot cheaper then buying them rite from Harley & they still give me a price of $340.00 never in my life have I ever had to pay that much to have tires put on that I already bought . I've always paid $100-150. But chunky river Harley gets u everytime with price & time . Last year I needed to have my other bike rejetted a 7 min job took them 4 weeks & $400.00 . Total money hungry ripoffs . 1 jet .75 cents they wanted to charge me $400.00 . Thats meridian Mississippi chunky river Harley davidson .

A Harbor Freight bike lift, a good jack to raise the rear of the bike off the lift surface, tire spoons, wrenches and air compressor will save you hundreds of $$$ in the future. Don't forget 2 oz. of Dyna Beads, (each tire) for balancing the front & rear tires.
Total initial cash outlay, approx. $700.00, but you could search Craigslist and find all the above for half that price, or less.

Part of saving money is finding out what ALL of the costs will be, before buying. You only did 1/2 of your job.

A Harbor Freight bike lift, a good jack to raise the rear of the bike off the lift surface, tire spoons, wrenches and air compressor will save you hundreds of $$$ in the future. Don't forget 2 oz. of Dyna Beads, (each tire) for balancing the front & rear tires.
Total initial cash outlay, approx. $700.00, but you could search Craigslist and find all the above for half that price, or less.

That's exactly what I was thinking , when they have their parkinglot lot sale I can get a lift for next to nothing . They have 1 coming up at the end of the month . Last year I bought a 72inch rollaway toolbox still brand new the guy returned it bcuz he couldn't find the keys taped to the inside listing price was 999.99 I got it for $50.00 . Definitely gonna look into it . Thanks for that reminder

Sales are down so their going to find anyway to make up for it.
As Steve said, find a good Indy and forget about Harley.
Absolutely but this small town literally has nothing . I moved here 2 years ago & it's a time warp of a dieing town

Last edited by a moderator:
Part of saving money is finding out what ALL of the costs will be, before buying. You only did 1/2 of your job.
I did my job I talked to 1 of the guys that works in the service dept & he even said buy the tiers & bring them in so u save a (EDIT) of money . I'm bringing it in today the guy I talked to didnt know it was me on the phone & gave regular price I called 1 of the guys in service dept & told me bring her in forget that price . I'm still buying another lift . Moving from San Diego to Mississippi I left some things behind with friends lift being 1 of them & never got around to buying another which I'm doing

Last edited by a moderator:
Look for a an independent shop that caters to road racers and knee draggers, Those shops charge about $30 to R/R and static balance if you bring them the wheel/tire assembly.

Or, go the DIY route as has been suggested. Back in the day when racing cross country scrambles I changed tires on my 250 Can An and 360 Husky on the floor of my garage with two tire tools. Tires were tubed and secured to the rim with sheet metal screws to keep them from slipping on the rim. That was then, this is now; to old and lazy when I can take the wheel/tire assembly a shop about 10 minutes from the house and wait 30 minutes for the new tire to be installed. ;)

Back