free website stats program Just About Seats | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Just About Seats

Stock seat on the Fatboy. It looks great in that the lacing matches the Harley bags and the ride is comfortable. I have a Corbin seat (forgot the style) which also looks good, lean and mean with a backrest which eases my aching back...but it's like riding a 4X6 post.
Ish

I bought a Sundowner solo seat when my now ex wife said she didn't plan on riding. I bought it used off of Craigslist. As soon as I put the seat on the bike, she decided she wanted to ride with me afterall. I hated the seat because it moved me both forward on the bike and higher on the bike. But it made me realize how worn my stock seat was. I ordered a Corbin "Gunslinger" seat. I was somewhat worried about it because all I ever heard about Corbin seats were how hard they were. Anyway, I loved that seat the very first time I sat on it. In fact, I went on a 2100 mile week long trip less than a week after putting the seat on my bike and never had any discomfort or complaints. It also seemed like it moved me back just a bit on the bike, which I really like. But after a year and a half the padding isn't as firm as it was. But I've also gained a bit of weight, so maybe its my own fault, lol. I still really like the Corbin, but I'm seriously considering sending the stock seat off to Mean City Cycles and having that seat reworked and hopefully they can move me back about an inch.

Took my Sundowner off my '03 RK to Rich's custom seats in the Seattle area and had it reworked and turned into leather with gel pads installed front and rear. It was A-OK except for the gel pads... They really hold the heat when you have to park in the sun for a while... :11:
Have the reach seat on my FLHTCU and seam to like it fine...

I liked the stock seat on my 2008 Sportster It was comfortable enough and did not retain water. The stock banana seat on my 2011 Dyna retained water, and felt the same as the sporty seat. I read some posts about Mustang seats, and investigated further, finding good things to say about the brand. I love this seat. At first I felt restricted because I can't slide backwards at all on the seat, like I could on the stock seat. Now I like that I no longer slide backward. I'm perfectly positioned on my ride, and boy does my ride look good!!! Makes my pretty bike look very beautiful...

Attachments

• hornelakeharley.jpg
    hornelakeharley.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 18
I had trouble riding long distances, My behind would get a bit sore and I would get some lower back pain.

My son bought me a seat from Ultimate Seats. It is their #3R 12301 - 3 pc. set, Midrider seat with Passenger seat & removable Rider backrest with pouch. It is filled with memory foam. It is studded to match my bags.
After about 2 weeks of break-in it is extremely comfortable for me. No more sore hind end and not a hint of back pain.
It has a high back plus the backrest that helps a lot. I am not saying it would work for everyone but I will sure recommend it. It has made riding enjoyable again.

I've got a Sundowner on my 04 Heritage that's been on there about 6 years now and have no complaints. It's been subjected to all kinds of weather and not mutch care and still looks and rides like new. The reason I originally bought the Sundowner was dealer had it in stock and I could look at it instead of ordering it by looking at a picture, and he also gave me a money back guarantee, if I didn't like it bring it back and we'd try somthing else.

The stock seat had me 26" (inches) from the ground, but 29" from the pedals so I got a Saddlemen's "Heels Down" seat (I'm 5'8" with 30" length). I also got the matching Pillion for my Lady-- we love it. It is made of gel & foam, and puts me 1" lower & 2" closer to the pedals. It also gives me a little back support the stock seat did not. Plus, all Saddlemen seats are made in America.

I bought my bike used and the previous owner had an HD badlander seat installed. It looked cool but that was about it. It was terribly uncomfortable for a long ride and my wife refused to ride with me more than 10 miles.

I now have a mustang touring seat and I love it! Extremely comfortable for long trips and one of the best upgrades I have made on the bike.

I also have the ultimate seat on my 07 ultra. Being hight challenged I had bought the reach seat and it was just not right for me at all. Now the ult seat dropped me to a good height even they said it was stock height, love it every ride Im on

Didn't mind my 09 FLHX stock seat - like looks, but wanted more padding/change position. Sent to Mean City last Feb & had double memory foam, 1.5" lower + 1" forward...now it's perfect for me.

Back