free website stats program Just About Seats | Harley Davidson Forums

Just About Seats

glider

Veteran Member
Tell us what seat you have and if you like it or did any modifications like gel pads etc to it for more comfort.

Tell us who did the modifications too.

Did not like the stock 07 Streetbob seat, it always retained water, I got lucky and scored an 09 seat from Bait a member here and I love it, My stock seat on my 97 FLHT was replaced twice under warranty, cheap plastic knock off:s

I have a Sundowner seat that I trimmed the sides down just a little so I could reach the ground a little better.

Stock Seat, but I did add a sheep skin Butt Pad from Alaska Leather. It is cooler in the summer & warmer in the winter, and if we are somewhere ie eating out or at a store and it rains... you can easily remove it shake it out & you're good to go. :D

I have the stock seat and had some stuffing removed so I could sit lower to the ground. I got about 1/2" extra but another 1/2" would have been great.

I have a Sundowner; much better than stock but some mod's may improve it even more, if I ever get the extra funds.

I had a Sundowner and really liked how it sat. The looks were not great for my Street Glide. Unfortunately, the seat pan cracked in less than two years so it had to be replaced.

I've currently got a Mustang solo which doesn't have enough back support unless I use a backrest. It's also proven to be uncomfortable on long rides unless I use an additional pad. Needless to say, the Mustang has been a disappointment.

I'm now considering going back to a Sundowner, or maybe consider a hammock seat. I tried one at a recent show, and it seemed like it was fairly comfortable.

I have the Mustang Regal Tourer....Love it...broke 2 stock seats...cheap, cheap.. but love the new Mustang and you can use your stock HD backrest too..

Stock Seat, added a backrest. Much more comfortable than my previous bike seat (kawasaki) that was like sitting on plywood.

Back