free website stats program Joyflyin Does A Service | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Joyflyin Does A Service

I use a 1 gal. plastic anti-freeze jug (flat front & back) with one flat side cut out as a catch pain for draining fluids. It's flat and low profile to slide under the bike on the jack, I just slide it where it needs to catch- then unscrew the lid to drain into a 5 gal. container to recycle the fluids. Easy to wipe down the inside once you are finished and ready to store it for the next use, too.
I use a spray of brake cleaner to clean the bike frame and voltage regulator after pulling and re-installing the oil filter. Works great- spray and wipe off- easy to see if there are any leaks once you re-start the bike, since I have not found any way to keep all the oil completely contained when removing the oil filter on my FLSHTC.

You don't need to contain it in the filter. Use a plastic container as mentioned above. Modify one end to make it fit under the filter. place it under the filter and with an automatic center punch, punch a hole in the filter. Let the oil drain and then remove the filter with much less mess.

With me, even doing the modified containers, I still make a mess. :D It's how I roll. :D

Back