free website stats program Jagg vs. HD Oil Cooler | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Jagg vs. HD Oil Cooler

i put a jagg on mine 9 yrs ago,, 1st hd i ever put an oil cooler on-- i am convinced its the best under 300. upgrd you'll ever do.......... quiter engine cooler runnin engine i even have seen gas mileage increase---------- u can feel the heat just radiating off the oil via the cooler-- im a 30 yr lincensed hvac-r teck so heat an its control has been my biz ness ............ in fact if hd wasnt the most under engineered bike on the earth --they'd come as a standard item................... it's not a question if one needs an oil cooler its merely-- will my hd run better an more efficiently with one-- yes it will. an one lil tidbit more-- since harley riders nearly always modify thier motors i'd say its virtually mandatory to run a oil cooler on a modfifed motor........ an lol use syn oil

Don't know if you bought anything or not but I'm switching from a vertical mount to a low mount. I plan on selling the cooler and brackets (no thermostat) for $125 plus shipping.

Mark

i put a jagg on mine 9 yrs ago,, 1st hd i ever put an oil cooler on-- i am convinced its the best under 300. upgrd you'll ever do.......... quiter engine cooler runnin engine i even have seen gas mileage increase---------- u can feel the heat just radiating off the oil via the cooler-- im a 30 yr lincensed hvac-r teck so heat an its control has been my biz ness ............ in fact if hd wasnt the most under engineered bike on the earth --they'd come as a standard item................... it's not a question if one needs an oil cooler its merely-- will my hd run better an more efficiently with one-- yes it will. an one lil tidbit more-- since harley riders nearly always modify thier motors i'd say its virtually mandatory to run a oil cooler on a modfifed motor........ an lol use syn oil

Nicely said. :)

The last version of Suzuiki's air & oil cooled GXR series before it became the Katana had an oil cooler as standard strictly because the high state of tune. HD long reached that point with their V-Twins...but as the saying when a corporation can save a few pennies on the dollar, it can turn into a million dollar savings on the bottom line, sad but true...:no

The last version of Suzuiki's air & oil cooled GXR series before it became the Katana had an oil cooler as standard strictly because the high state of tune. HD long reached that point with their V-Twins...but as the saying when a corporation can save a few pennies on the dollar, it can turn into a million dollar savings on the bottom line, sad but true...:no

IM cleaning my 09flhtcui and i notice no air dam under lower tripple tree cant imagine it fell off. I call local dealer he said has not been on bikes since 2000 except tour glide. I can buy one he said. I guess a few dollars saved on my bike SAVES the MOCO $$$$$ I better check for valve stems..

IM cleaning my 09flhtcui and i notice no air dam under lower tripple tree cant imagine it fell off. I call local dealer he said has not been on bikes since 2000 except tour glide. I can buy one he said. I guess a few dollars saved on my bike SAVES the MOCO $$$$$ I better check for valve stems..

I think they started putting them back on with the 2009s (at least with my Road Glide). I made the mistake of ordering one based on what I read on the sites to reduce wind only to discover that there is a black one already installed.

I assume you are talking about item number 58520-79TC.

On a positive note...I now have one more HD piece to put in my spare parts drawer.

I keep hearing protected from road debris when the normal front mounted oil cooler is talked about. Has anyone ever had an oil cooler damaged by anything from the road hitting it? I have never heard of it happening.
When it come to mods of anykind on your bike always remember there is what sounds good and then there is the real world.
As a Model A Street Rod. A triaxle truck hauling these huge rocks lost one on the road just as I was passing in the opposite direction, it bounced on the road and hit my radiator dead center. Damage to my Harley cooler has seriously been on my mind.

Back