free website stats program It really seems like a simple request | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

It really seems like a simple request

It is simple. They make things to not last these days in order to make more money because you have to buy more, more often.

I keep an old sock on the tube to catch any drips from the air hole in the bottom. The plunger or piston in mine is metal and does not form a good seal with the cartridge so I always have grease in the bottom of the barrel that leaks out. The air operated one I have seals better but with it being air operated I never know when it gets air locked and is not pumping grease. I hate to spend a lot for one since I only use it every 4-6 months.

I have one of those cheap one handed rigs. I haven't used it in a couple of years. When I did use it, it was such a mess putting in a new cartridge, I had grease everywhere. When it came time to re-fill, I couldn't remember which end of the catridge went towards the head.

I have the old school kind that you stick in the tub o grease. I usually go to an auto repair place to get it filled up. Sometimes they do it for free!

cant see paying alot of money for somathing u dont use but a few times a year.that is if u can find it when u need it.i used to keep mine in back of my boom truck when i was contracting.one night caught someone talking it said they wre just gonna use it ang return it.yea right.it was a cheap metal tube one maybe 15 dollars laughed at the idiot.must have a few some where if i just could remember

Back