free website stats program -IT- is here an San Antonio . . . wahoo! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

-IT- is here an San Antonio . . . wahoo!

Mark, I have been following your saga for a couple of weeks now and I think that I was almost building up as much anticipation as you!! :D
I'm really happy for you. Sometimes the greater the delay of gratification, the higher the appreciation when the moment finally arrives. Now it looks like that time has come.
Ride safe out there and scope out all those unexplored Texas roads that await your rolling tires!
Just don't hit any Armadillo's!! :D

Can't wait to hear about your first ride! I have also been following your journey to HD ownership for the last couple of weeks.

Brings back memories of when I picked up my first bike two years ago....my 2010 superglide! Man was I nervouse! But after 20 minutes I was good to go.....I'll never forget the first time I short shifted into 2nd and grabbed some throttle.....I was imediately addicted!

Congrats...remember the new motor break-in procedure (30/60 x10 in 3rd) to seat those rings. Ride safe & enjoy!

Congrats...remember the new motor break-in procedure (30/60 x10 in 3rd) to seat those rings. Ride safe & enjoy!

Yup . . . I have another post in the Dyna section asking for a good stretch of road here in San Antonio that I can use . . . I hoping to do that tomorrow or Sunday AM . . . I know where to in Houston and in Nashua . . .but SAT is still a mystery to me . .

Mark - Thanks!

The time has finally come to get on that bike and ride as i have been following your journey through the whole process i feel i ought to be with you on the first ride but there is a wee bit of water between here and there enjoy your bike

Brian

Like a kid in a candy store, I can see your smile from here, Nuff said lets ride were burnin Daylight:rider

Try subscribing to this mag:
RIDE TEXAS® Texas Travel | Your back road adventure starts here.

Here's a great link, couple of years old but still valid:

Motorcycle Riding in the Texas Hill Country

Another great Magazine:

Thunder Roads Texas Motorcycle Magazine - The ultimate Texas biker experience!

Or just hop on the scoot and head on Hwy 281 North and keep going until you hit the Shade Tree Saloon in Spring Branch on right side of road...

Don't forget Texas Pride BBQ over in Adkins (near Floresville):
Texas Pride BBQ | Best Barbecue Restaurant in San Antonio, TX

I forgot the Devil's Backbone in Blanco, Wimberley and San Marcos, make sure you stop by the Hog Pound in Wimberly!:

Devils Backbone | Texas Scenic Drives on myscenicdrives.com

Attachments

• ShadeTree.jpg
    ShadeTree.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Have pictures!! -IT- is here an San Antonio . . . wahoo!

You didn't buy from this dealer and they must work on it under warranty but remember this, 'treat your dealer right by buying stuff because they will treat you right and help you out in the end'. I knew a guy who shopped around and bought his bike from a dealer 200 miles away for about $3000.00 less and the local dealer knew this and wouldn't rush to work on his. Of course this isn't always true but.....
Enjoy the Texas roads!

Back