free website stats program Issue with Stock tail pipes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Issue with Stock tail pipes

I have noticed when I pull the bike out and have it warming up, theres water droping on the left side from the area where the muffler meets the pipe.

I am going to assume its a case normal condensation as the engine warms up, but it shouldnt be leaking there. If I were to plan on running the stock exhaust, I can see where this might lead to a problem down the road.

I suppose its being forced out of the path of least resistance? Wonder why its not just going out the pipe? Could be that the left muffler is so dang restrictive it wont let the water vapor through?

No worrys though, because when I get home today I will be installing the
"Rush" slipons. That should aleiviate the problem!

Mr. Buckwild- I've got the same bike as you and same color, only an '08. Its a comfortable and fun bike to ride. I put V & H slip ons and they were too loud for my taste so I got the quiet baffels and they now sound great. I installed the pipes myself and they didn't line up very well. I was scraping the bottom bracket on the ground which was pretty un-nerving. It was necessary for me to take a rat tail file and elongate the holes in the bracket so I could get the pipes to line up. Now I have plenty of clearance so the footpegs drag well before the pipes do. No problem with rust on the chrome.

Back