free website stats program Is this normal ??? ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is this normal ??? ?

You took it there so that a trained professional would do the work, and do it right. It doesn't sound like you got one, and the charge is totally absurd!!! Go get your money back plus something for the inconvenience of having to travel back there!!

Show the dealer this thread of how many folks think his business practices are wrong. Maybe his reading this will help him see the issue in a better light.

They broke a two year old part that should last a lifetime and want you to pay for their mistake, no it shouldn't be that way!

I agree! And make sure you show them the thread on "dealerships to avoid"!

Update; I took Tank's advice and copied this thread into an email that I then sent to the dealership....

Here's the reply I received less than an hour later;

Mike,

We would never let $79 get between us and a good customer. Let me look into it and get back you with on details but rest assured we will always make things right.

Thanks so much for your email.

Steve Coupe
General Manager

On Monday April 30th I brought my 2010 FLHX to your dealership for the addition of some parts. New handgrips and chrome switch covers.

Well let me show you what I've found;
Is this normal ??? ? - Harley Davidson Community

I seriously don't think I should have been charged for the error on the part of your employee. He broke it, I didn't. I would appreciate a response and a resolution in the way of a refund for the cost of that part.
Please let me know what your stance is on this matter

Good job on following through, most of the dealerships with the bad reputations get away with it because a lot of people would rather just eat it and not raise a fuss. Never be intimidated to question their billing or why something was billed a certain way...took me a long time of "eating it" before I got the 'thats enough' attitude.

Good job on following through, most of the dealerships with the bad reputations get away with it because a lot of people would rather just eat it and not raise a fuss. Never be intimidated to question their billing or why something was billed a certain way...took me a long time of "eating it" before I got the 'thats enough' attitude.
Sound advice.

I just hope you got satisfaction from your dealer. It sounds as though he will try to make it good, I am curious however that he used "good customer" and "$79", almost as if the charge was more or if you were a newbie, they wouldn't do anything. Hope it turns out.

Happy Ending
Today I received a phone call from the dealership's parts and service manager. She was most assuring that all would be set right. Seeing how it was a nice day, I traveled to the dealership and met with her. She made the following offers. First, admitted the error. Second offered me my choice of a gift card, cash refund or credit card refund. They were very sincere and helpful. I guess I want to say that I am satisfied and happy with the result. No need to raise any dust. It was handled quickly and to my complete satisfaction. I even said that I would sing their praise on this site, which she said would be a good thing. So here it is...Utica Harley Davidson in Utica, NY. I'm still a happy customer

Back