free website stats program Is it good to drive by your self like to thunder in the valley | Harley Davidson Forums

Is it good to drive by your self like to thunder in the valley

hoop

I just wanted to know people's opinion I live about 4.5 hours away from Johnstown Pa I live in limerick Pa

Better than not at all. However, it seems more fun is had when there are others to enjoy it with. Sometimes........

I have done it both ways from south central pa and I will tell you I much prefer to do it alone. But then I am going for the ride not the event. It takes me just a little over 3 hours each way. I walk around, have a bite to eat and maybe a cold one and then ride home. Lots of back roads and great views in the moutains. I like riding alone much of the time because to me the bike is all about the ride, not waiting for others to gas up (which they should do before meeting others for a ride), eat, smoke, or whatever they do to waste riding time. But that is just me. Enjoy which ever way you go. I think it is a cool event and the town treats you really well.

I usually go to the thunder in the glens rally on my own and my wife joins me as soon as she can get away from work as we use the camp ground there are always lots of people going about and i usually have a few new friends by the time she arrives

Brian

I agree the ride is better than the event. If you have time take a ride to the hill and ride the incline up the mountain.
WAP.gif

There is alot of great country to be seen in and around the Johnstown region.
And, when the weather is nice it makes for great trip. Have fun

Hey...it's only water and as long as I don't run into a soap shower...I'm good...!

I prefer to ride alone...I am free to be me and not to worry about somebody when I need to avoid road obstacle's...... The MOCO in their infinate wisdom built these "engines" to withstand 6,000 rpm's and I use every one of them...1st, 2nd and most of them in 3rd...Oh...I use them gradually I'm no speed racer...

Back