free website stats program Is a Sportster a "real" Harley? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is a Sportster a "real" Harley?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just was in my garage where both my Sporty and my Heritage are.

Yup. They both said Harley-Davidson.

'nuff said.

my first Harley was a Sportster thought it looked really cute
loved the ride on the way home with it
even though Ive now got a softail custom and a Dyna wide glide
the Sportster stays and is still a great joy to ride
i have taken it on longer tours and it worked well didn't fell that i suffered at all

yes it is a real Harley cos you do get a lot of real Harley problems oil leeks and so on just like the big ones its just smaller and lighter and more nimble

Brian

You will always get people who love to "ruffle your feathers"...It's your bike...If you're happy, who cares what others thingk or say?

I want to ask everyone who owns a Sportster this question. Have you ever had anyone ask you why you bought a sportster instead of a "real" Harley? I have had this asked me several times. Don't these ignoramouses know that Sportster was one of the first lines Harley put out? I point out the decal on my sporty. It says Sportster by Harley-Davidson. This is just something that has bugged since I have had my Sportster. I am very happy with my sporty and will ride it until either it or me drops.

Consider the source :newsmile107: and remember, the inches "evolved"...seem to recall not too long ago 10 years...1000cc was considered "big bore" stuff, times change as do perceptions, using that thinking the 88 is not real either, just an imagination (a very small one). :D

My favorite comment about the sporty is that it is a "girls bike". Obvisouly this comes from someone who hasnt ridden one and doesnt realize the power these bikes have. I always like to answer their comments with " Ill wait for you at the next stop sign".

Thats why I love riding it. Its still a Harley, but gives all the thrills of a sport bike...ergo...Sportster. :D

I feel like I'm on a v-twin rocket when I'm on that thing!!

man iv herd it all (EDITED) 'half a harley' 'piglet' 'girls bike' , anyone who says that never rode 4hours on one lol it takes its toll on you. im trading mine in on a rkc :-( guna miss it but cant keep 2 right now and need a long haul bike. yup man its a harley ;-) hope i can get another one someday

Please read this...
[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are really in doubt I would check the title. It will tell you what make of bike it is.:s
It might even have the logo on the tank too. That might help.:bigsmiley20:

Or you can do what I do; not give a darn what anyone thinks of my bike. I love it, I paid for it, I ride it..........end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back