free website stats program Iron Butt? | Harley Davidson Forums

Iron Butt?

dynamike

I'm planning my first Iron Butt certification ride for next year. My cousin, brother, and I are riding to big Sturgis for the rally. My plan is to make it from Jacksonville, FL to Sturgis SD in 36 hours.

So, I was just curious if anyone else has ever qualified for the Iron Butt ot Saddle Sore? Got any tips?

I have never ridden a distance like this before but I have some family members that ride from MO to PA every year and that is one heck of a ride. I would suggest that you take a few longer rides then you have been and get yourself prepared and in shape for such a long ride. GOOD LUCK!!

Good luck! I have never done one but very interested in doing so one day.I'd probably be saying stuff you already know, get your bike prepared, new tires and such.Insulated water bottle, dry socks:D

Good choice taking Saddle Sore 1000, you can always do the more challenging ones later. I envy you, man. My back injury won't let me ride that long in that many hours. Make sure you watch the speed rules.

I have never ridden a distance like this before but I have some family members that ride from MO to PA every year and that is one heck of a ride. I would suggest that you take a few longer rides then you have been and get yourself prepared and in shape for such a long ride. GOOD LUCK!!
I ride 1500 miles round trip to KY for Little Sturgis every year. It's nothing for me to put 600 miles on my bike in a day. I'm to worried about gearing up to do it mentally if that's what your after.

Good luck! I have never done one but very interested in doing so one day.I'd probably be saying stuff you already know, get your bike prepared, new tires and such.Insulated water bottle, dry socks:D
Dry socks!! That's an old combat trick, huh?

Sounds like you already have yourslelf physically prepared. I would say for the mental side of things maybe set small goals that you can achieve along the way and at the end if you meet all of your goals get yourself something nice that you have been wanting. Kind of corney but maybe it will work for you.

I'm not sure you can ever get used to riding long distances. My husband and I used to go to Sturgis. The very first time we rode out I thought I was never going to make it, my butt and back were sore, and he kept complaining about his butt and arms. And that was a 12 hour drive, that we did in 13 hours. I would have been much better if we stopped 1 or 2 more times. But it is such an experience to be at Sturgis it is worth it.

I've never rode that kind of distance before and I don't know if I'd like to either. Don't get me wrong, I do love going out for long rides on my Harley but not that long LOL I don't know what to tell you to do to get prepared but good luck. I hope you have a lot of fun.

I dug up an old tread while it was quiet and haven't heard many of you talk about Iron Butt rides.

I have done two, 1000 mi in 24hrs documented, and 2000 in 48, but I lost my paperwork package for that one.

So how 'bout it? Any of you folks Iron Butt members?

DynaMike, did you attempt/accomplish this ride?

Not even close. I've strung together some 550+ days.....iron butt is out of my league.

Good luck on your ride DynaMike

Back