free website stats program Internet Security | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Internet Security

My home computers run Webroot Spy Sweeper w/ Antivirus and Fire Wall...

Much less head room then any of the Norton products. It's a PC mag pick for one of the best malware/antivirus/firewalls. Fast to load even on older computers.

I back this up with a stand alone copy of AVG installed and removed as needed...

Smitty, the Army copy of Norton is a re-badged corporate version. It's ultra adjustable. But, if you don't know the best way to optimize it, it will slow down your computer. We used to use this "goverment" version at work. We moved to F-PROT because it's faster, easier to deploy, update and has less over all users interface problems. Norton's licensing system does not favor a goverment network, high number of users type of enviroment. The cost is kinda high.

The only true way to keep your computer safe is to never connect to the internet and never load anything that did not come with the OEM software.

I wanted to keep it simple, so I went with CA Internet Security Suite. It's got a firewall, Anti-virus, anti-spam and a link authenticator. If Firefox is considered a security ISP than that's what I use.

Back