free website stats program Internet Security | Harley Davidson Forums

Internet Security

Crambo

After reading in the HDT Announcements about "Attack Sites" Attack Sites - Harley Davidson Community I thought it might be a good idea to see what internet security measures we are taking.
No need to try and sell the products, just put up the name and if members want any further info they can do a google.
I used to have
IE
ADware
McAfee installed, but now I know better...I use
Firefox 3.0.5
Spybot Search & Destroy (FREE)
BitDefender Total Security 2009...:ap

Last edited:
I also have a mac. Not to say that I am safe, but I have not had any problems...yet.

When I had a PC my problems always started when I had all those free (and sometimes paid) security programs. I'll admit that I am no expert on computers, I think thats why I like my mac so much, lol

Trend Micro internet Security suit 2009
I upgrade to the new one every year.

Hummm..... so many choices. Anyway, I use a MAC most of the time here at home. Not by choice, but that's what my dear wife bought me for Christmas. Sort of a joke, since I work on PC's. :p

Anyway, on the many PC's, I use Firefox, Avast 4 virus protection. AVG is very good also. I run off of a router which is locked down to MAC address etc.. Using just these has kept me from having any issues. Also, make sure that your virus protection program check for "dat" file updates daily. If you do manually, check daily. Very important here boys and girls. McAfee is too much work for me with all the reboots and Norton, well. . . . good luck! Just my experience.

Some of you mentioned ADware, be careful for it will show up as a virus on some virus protection software.
Ugly John

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used Norton antivirus for a long time with no problems

We are all Apple users here... before my son decided to come into the family business, he was a systems engineer with Apple. He brought his talents and I have never used anything but Macs.. never had a virus that I'm aware off over the last 12 years....never lost any information at the office or home.

at home i use norton internet security and malwarebytes
at work i use avg and malwarebytes (both are the free versions)
there has been a lot of infestations of malware since july if you have no protection at all very difficult to save the pc setup that includes the data

most people seem to think that they dont have much data on their pc till you point out that their photos and musc in itunes are data then they want it all saved out of about 50 bad infections in the last 6 month managed to save all the data except for one (the hard drive died before i could get it off)

if anti virus software already on pc 2hr job to fix
if no antivirus software 6 to 8 hrs to fix

we are very cheap for repairs but could do a new base unit for less than the cost of an 8 hour repair

cost of internet and antivirus protection for 1 year approx £35 a good investment

Brian

Back