free website stats program Intermittent Miss | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Intermittent Miss

If you haven't checked, go for the easy stuff, check the plug wires, loose battery connections, could be just a bad tank of fuel so a treatment as Tank suggested couldn't hurt. Good luck!

Could be an intake leak, sounds very similar to a problem I had on my 10 FLHTCU last year. Try spraying non flammable brake cleaner around the intake to jug flanges while the bike is idling, if it stalls this indicates an intake leak...

Just for grins have you tried the wiggle test on the injector wires?

Just for grins have you tried the wiggle test on the injector wires?

What Jack said!

Best to do when you just start the engine so you don't burn yourself. But wiggle the injector wires grabbing the wires about an inch from the plug. If the wires are overly tight, the copper can part inside the insulation and that can lead to intermittent problems. If by wiggling the wire you can duplicate the problem, you have probably found your culprit.

TQ

The fuel filter is scheduled for replacement @ 25,000 miles in the service check list.
You're only a little late. :p

Probably won't be able to do much more investigating until later in the week. Working 12 hour shifts through Saturday. I did play with the throttle on the way home today though. No miss at all under hard acceleration. Only seems to do it with moderate throttle input or during cruise, and only occasionally at that. I will check the injector wires, and plug wires as soon as I can. Guess I will change the fuel filter too...obviously the standard service interval is far too frequent. :)

This bike really has 115K on it with no routine PM (other than oil changes) every 15K or so?
Your 2007 doesn't have O2 sensors, or does it?

This bike really has 115K on it with no routine PM (other than oil changes) every 15K or so?
Your 2007 doesn't have O2 sensors, or does it?

116k now. Not sure why you assume I haven't done any PM just because the fuel filter has never been replaced. I adjust the flutenary valves and re-pack the muffler bearings regularly. Even wash the bike once a year, whether it needs it or not.

Back