free website stats program Insulting People | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Insulting People

That is why I always advertise price with item. If their not willing to pay that price, most won't call. And never never never ever say or best offer, unless you are willing to give it away.

hey if i'm interested in something somebody has forsale i make an offer if the seller says yes/no that the end of it no sense telling him about the deal jim bob joe got down the road yesterday

I works both ways. I don't like to sell, but I'm also not a big fan of buying from a private party. I was looking a truck I saw in the Wheels and Deals one time, called and met the guy to look at the truck. he set up a time to meet when it was dark out so I couldn't see the truck very well I drove the truck with him and looked it over pretty well. He was trying to sell the truck for $2000. It had a screw driver ignition switch, bad interior, quit a few dents, and water damage above the windshield on the head liner. When I asked if the windshield leaked he said Yeah a little but only when it rains.:shock:small3d023: I told him "Sorry But this truck is only worth about $800 buck to me" That number was probably a little high but it was 4 wheel drive.
We parted ways and I figured that was the end of it. The next week I went to an auction bought better truck for $800 bucks.:D
3 weeks later he called me and asked if I still wanted to buy his truck for $800. I had to tell "Sorry you missed your chance" I might have paid $800 that day but I'm glad I didn't.

I like to buy and I like to sell, I also like to barter with people and when I am buying I will make a resonable offer to start with,what I can't stand is these people that walk in and offer you half of what something is worth and try to make it seem like they are doing you a favour. I have lost all patience with this type of person and if I can't get rid of them I tell them outright that I just don't think I will be able to do business with them.

Years ago, I had a nice inboard boat for sale. The price was 1800.00 and a real good price for an older , but great looking and running boat. A guy came by, insulted me by 'offering' me 800 'cash' and when I said 'no', he gave me his 'card' and told me to call him when I decided I'd take his offer. I GAVE the boat to my brother-in-law..The guy came back a week later and asked me about the boat..I reveled in telling him I Gave it away..He was heartbroken and I was happy.

Back