free website stats program Installing a six speed transmission | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Installing a six speed transmission

:cheers:cheersHello Everyone, just wanna say thanks for all the great information it really helps, been researching revtek and bakers DD6 from what I can see the difference is baker uses 4th, 5th and 6th helicut gears to eliminate the whining noise talked about by some, revtek gearset is is up to $1001.00 while baker is$2763.00 I dont undrstand the huge price difference, but it appears that to make this project work for me I have to increase the engine performance also , I do a fair amount of touring and wont be happy if the bike struggles a little to get up a hill, think Ill put this project on hold for a while until I can do both Thanks Wayne

I just installed a screamin eagle 6 in my 03FLSTS..cant run it because there is snow here but my original transmission interface cover will no longer fit..the side release cover is of a larger different dimension? and now the speed sensor is located on top of it which presents another clearance issue? anyone know of a part number that fits this transmisiioon upgrade?..I cant really find anyhing on the harley catolog site?..thanks

anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks..thats precisely my point..my tranny came with that exact cover but the chrome interface covers I had added around my 5 speed no longer fit this dimension of the 6 speed side cover...

I have a custom bike I built a few years ago. I had a four speed with kicker (now for sale) which I changed to a Primo Rivera six speed with three inch open primary for about $3000.00. I'm real happy since it keeps the 96 inch S&S always in a good place RPM wise. It also comes with a nice 1.5K starter.

:cheers:cheersHello Everyone, just wanna say thanks for all the great information it really helps, been researching revtek and bakers DD6 from what I can see the difference is baker uses 4th, 5th and 6th helicut gears to eliminate the whining noise talked about by some, revtek gearset is is up to $1001.00 while baker is$2763.00 I dont undrstand the huge price difference, but it appears that to make this project work for me I have to increase the engine performance also , I do a fair amount of touring and wont be happy if the bike struggles a little to get up a hill, think Ill put this project on hold for a while until I can do both Thanks Wayne
another reason for the price difference is that the revtech is korean junk,and the baker is a very high quality,very precision USA made trans

thanks..thats precisely my point..my tranny came with that exact cover but the chrome interface covers I had added around my 5 speed no longer fit this dimension of the 6 speed side cover...
The standard 5 speed cover will not fit the 6 speed trans, you must purchase the cover separately like TQ said, if I'm understanding the problem? When you get it together you are going to love it, it is a true overdrive trans, not just a simulated one like Harley's new 6 speed, I don't think even Baker is yet, although a Baker would have been my secound choice they are a good tranny. I got a Revtech 6 speed in for a customer one time from CCI and opened the box and in Great big letters right on top of the box, it said "MADE IN TAIWAN" well needless to said I called the customer and he said send it back, we then installed a S/E 6 speed, him and his bike are very very happy. Don't get me wrong I love people from Taiwan, I just don't want them making transmissions that I have to stand behind.

I'm just a one finger type er, Prodrag slipped in ahead of me and I'm sure he's right, it's been ten years since I opened that box from CCI and it proably did say Korean, I just remember it was one of those third world countries. That I love very much.:devil Anyways the key word was junk.

Back