free website stats program Installed new bars and now have issues | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Installed new bars and now have issues

:DLast weekend I put a new set of bars on my 2008 Road King Classic. I love the bars :D, but could do without the issue I have created. we extended all the wiring and everything execpt the throttle works fine. But it doe not have the same acceleration & the engine light is on. I pulled the codes and here they are, P1510, P2127, P2138. At first I thought it had to be the throttle wiring. But I don't know how it could run this well if the wiring was all screwed up. The really confusing one is that when I have the clutch in and the brake applied it will not rev much at all. But if I let off the brake it revs fine. :dknow HELP!

P1510 - EFI Limited Performance Mode. (This is why it doesn't have the same acceleration as before)
P2127 - TGS2 Low/Open
P2138 - TGS Correlation Error (Twist grip sensor)

This may be a silly question, but did you disconnect the battery before extending the wiring? If not, you may have shorted a wire to the ECM causing it not to see the TGS2. Or you may have shorted the sensor itself.

Double check your wiring connections. Hopefully you soldered your connections and used heat shrink on 'em. If you used butt connectors, you may have a loose wire/bad connection.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help. I took the right side back apart and found a couple issues. The plug was FBAR & the insulation was rubbed off in a couple spots. We opened the hole a tad and debured it, then rewire everything. All the codes are gone and it runs like a champ.

Nice work and glad everything came out OK. Oh, and I always thought it was "FUBAR." Beyond All Recognition if anyone was wondering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the help. I took the right side back apart and found a couple issues. The plug was FBAR & the insulation was rubbed off in a couple spots. We opened the hole a tad and debured it, then rewire everything. All the codes are gone and it runs like a champ.

Glad you got it fixed...

Back