free website stats program Inspection Stickers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Inspection Stickers

here in PA, it has to be on the left side, on the fork, or a plate fastened to the frame. the plate is usually riveted to the frame, which i dont like, my dealer just did mine and the mounted a plate behind my left floorboard through the mounting bolt.

I keep mine on the inside of the fork... But i know a couple people who put them on the inside of their saddle bags. Either on the hard top lid, or the leather. Nobody in missouri seems to ever look for them, so next year mine will likely go in the bag.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live down Fryeburg way. The vehicle inspector stapled my inspection sticker to my registration and told me to carry it in my wallet with my license.

I live down Fryeburg way. The vehicle inspector stapled my inspection sticker to my registration and told me to carry it in my wallet with my license.

Bait... check out the link above, I still can't figure out if it has been passed or not but I wrote my representatives anyway to express my displeasure. If it is law, it's not effective until 1/1/2012 so maybe we can get it repealed. There are laws in place that address unnecessary noise and/or inspection issues, we don't need more.

From what I see today, it looks like the Maine motorcycle "visible" inspection sticker law has passed, this is supposed to be the cure for excessive noise. The state claims only 38% of registered motorcycles in Maine are actually inspected and if we have to display our sticker it will cut down the use of loud pipes. Our stickers will now have to be secured to the rear of our bikes in a clear and visible fashion beginning in 2012... Oh ya, forgot to say, Maine motorcycle inspection law doesn't state a tolerable noise limit, just says that exhaust can't make "excessive or unusual" noise...; HOW SUBJECTIVE IS THAT?

I'm inspected but not happy...:bigsmiley15:... sorry, just venting... and yes Glider, I did mean to YELL...

I'm one of the 62% that don't or didn't have a sticker for 19 years and I'm still alive. Anyone knows you have to keep a bike safe or risk road rash or worse, it's just another way to steal more money for the state(taxationland) to blow any way they want. It won't go to help bikers in anyway at all.:(

Florida discontinued the vehicle inspection back in 1982. To date not one accident has bee attributed to a formerly inspected item. Not one and the safety liars and highway patrol are besides themselves with this fact. Fossil

Here in MS we can keep the sticker in our wallet. $5 for a year's inspection. Just another tax.
PS: our license tag usually goes down in cost each year as vehicles get older...not this year!
Pete

Here are a few pics of where I mounted my sticker on my Heritage using one of the chrome plates available. It is only noticeable if you are directly behind me.

Attachments

• Inspection I.jpg
    Inspection I.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Inspection II.jpg
    Inspection II.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Inspection III.jpg
    Inspection III.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 14
Back