free website stats program Inspection Stickers | Harley Davidson Forums

Inspection Stickers

EnjoyingTheRyde

Do any states mandate a "completely and clearly visible" inspection sticker? I was just looking at the link below...

At first I thought it was a concept draft but it looks like it passed. The bill requires our inspection stickers be affixed to the rear of our bikes. I don't know about anyone else but I'm not real happy about placing any stickers on my bike.

Any insight from other Mainers?

SP0647, LD 1675, item 2, Document Text

NC did up to about two years ago. Now you cannot renew your tag without inspection, so current registration is now proof of inspection. Makes sense. Inspections stickers on bikes stink.

In PA, they have to be on the fork or you can have issues. Sorta stinks but you do what you have to.

MSG, I jusy E Mailed the state for a list of the dirtbags that voted for this bill. I will send you the results so you know who to vote for come November and I will send it to the UBM as well. They take my rights and freedoms I try to take their job,so vote them out. Stand Tall, WE THE PEOPLE.:MAINE:USA

There are a couple of different plates that bolt to the frame / swingarm specificially for afixing a sticker. Most of them I have seen are chrome plated so you don't mess up your paint and you can use a heat gun to remove the old ones so you can keep as clean of a look as you want while still complying with the regulations.

New Jersey used to have a 2"x2" sticker they put on the fork also, Now we a little sticker they put on your tag next to the registration sticker.

Here in the great state of TEXAS, an inspection sticker is required but it can pretty much be anywhere on the bike as long s the law can find it when they look for it. I have it mounted on a chrome plate near the left footboard. Looks pretty good and more chrome for only 10 bucks on ebay.

This is what the Texas DPS site says - near the license plate.

TRC §548.255.​
ATTACHMENT OR PRODUCTION OF INSPECTION CERTIFICATE.​
(a) An inspection certificate shall be attached to or produced for a vehicle in the
manner required by department rule.
(b) The department shall:
(1) require that a certificate for a motorcycle be attached to the rear of the motorcycle
near the license plate; and​
(2) adopt rules with respect to display of an inspection certificate for a moped.

2x2 here in canada, wish we could get them smaller.They have to be attached to the left fork, at least thats the location in Nova Scotia

PS at least they are good for 2 years starting last year, saves a few bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back