free website stats program Input on new wheels please? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Input on new wheels please?

Thanks guys. Have a friend who is a dealer for VTwin and can get the stainless steel ones at cost to me. Pricier but I don't want anymore junk. The fat spoke ones say they are sealed so as to use tubelss tires but read one post somewhere that a guy said he had a small leak in the rear and just put a tube in. I know they would be a pain to keep clean but I sure like them. Got all winter to decide. Riding has been over for awhile here in N Wi.
Good to be back and I WILL adhere to policy. Didn't mean to be offensive.

Doug with a purchase this large it's good that you'll be giving it a lot of thought. I really like to looks of the fat spokes and have thought long and hard about replacing the wheels on my '94 Heritage. I never worry about cleaning, it's just something that you learn to do and the more you do it the easier it becomes. When you decide what your going to do and your friend can get you a good price let me know I may have made up my mind about the '94. Your friend may be able to get a better deal on two sets.

Will surely let you know Don. He does other things and this is just a side deal for him. I do know that he said if his order is big enough, the shipping is free but don't recall how big. Seems like anything over a grand would certainly qualify for that at least.

Certainly a good deal if larger qty purchase. Do take some time to post up the wheels you select. The sealed spoke nipple area in the wheels is a nice touch to retain the "classic" look while eliminating several of the banes of spoked wheels (rust, loosening and air loss forcing the need for inner strip and tube). This particular hazard of spoked wheels...sudden tire deflation and ability to use tubeless tires in more available sizes w/ less internal heating is HUGE.

Just looked in the V-TWIN catalog at the big spoke wheels (50 spoke 3/8"). They are stainless steel spokes and chrome rims. Doesn't say who the manufacturer is. His cost listed for my wheels (21x2.15 and 16x3.5") is $1100 total and he has told me in the past that he would get them for me at his cost. Not in regular contact with him so hoping he's still dealing with them. Spendy as opposed to the $787 ones on Ebay BUT....If those are junk, and I suspect they are, a few hundred more for good ones is a no brainer IMO. I also want to put a new "tins" package (or paint job) on the bike soooo will be taking my time before putting all this $$ into it. Doug

I have been looking at these same wheels. They are made by DNA and have emailed Outlaw Cycle Products and they gave me a great qoute. Roughly $1500 for the wheels, rotors, and to match fat daddy spoked pulley and that also includes the spokes powder coated black with chrome hub and rim. I have purchased items from these guys before and the products are great. However, on the wheels I have seen quite a few other post stating that they are a bad product, due to spacing issues for the rear pulley and that the wheels leak air. The majority have fixed the air leak by adding tubes but in order to add a tube they had to step the valve stem hole one size bigger. I am trying to find out more info on this product, I have time before purchase as I am in Afghan until August, so if anyone else has an opinion on these wheels I would love to hear it. Thanks

Shane

Back