free website stats program Input on new wheels please? | Harley Davidson Forums

Input on new wheels please?

Want to buy some new wheels for my 01 Custom and am looking at "Outlawcycleproducts" on ebay at some fat spoke chromes for a decent price. Says they are sealed so tubeless tires will work (no tubes for me). Anyone have any experience with these or dealing with these folks? would appreciate any input. Ebay number of them is: 140398947191
Thanks, Doug

What is their ebay rating? What type of warranty do they offer? Is the warranty given to you in writing? If you know what state they are in you can check with the Better business Bureau. They may be a great company and the wheels may be first rate but you need to protect yourself when buying online.

Thanks Don. Rating on ebay is 99.7% for over 12K items. Had not EVEN thought to ask about warranty but just sent a note to them. I SHOULD have thought about that and glad I asked on here. Appreciate it!
They are in California

That's a really good rating for that amount of sales. You also may want to know where the wheels were made and who did the chrome. I don't know how much $$ were talking about, but you don't want the chrome peeling off 6 months from now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great price. I'd say if your conforable with the seller it looks like a good deal. They are great looking wheels!!

Hey Rich and Don,
I was banned from posting for a few days for describing my aftermarket rims in an unappropriate manner. Sorry mods. Will watch it from now on VERY closely. Found out there is only a warranty on the wheels themselves with these fat spoke ones...nothing on the chrome which was mostly what I was worrying about. Still looking for anyone who may have bought wheels from these folks to see how the chrome holds up. Thanks, Doug

Doug we are pretty insistant that everyone's post are without language. I know the wheels you are looking at look good in the pictures, but as you have already found out, looks can be deceiving. With wheels you have to remember all the things they get subjected to being the closest thing to the road. I have seen some of th major manufacturers run discounts once in a while but usually all the custom wheels are pretty pricy. If you take what you paid for the wheels on you bike with the peeling chrome and purchased the ones your looking at and they peeled, you would probably have spent what the good ones go for. Welcome back.

(The term you Get what you Pay for) is number 1 when considering rims, a general rule of thumb for quality when looking a laced rims is stainless steel spokes and nipples are used in the application.

Back