free website stats program Injector error codes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Injector error codes

havent replace the plug wires but have tugged on them a bunch without any change. Will change them out tomorrow. Also wiggled all wires while revving and no code. Just cant get the codes to come up without riding

Hmmm.

Glider, if the speed sensor or the CPS looses track of the engine momentarily, will it set the codes he is getting?

TQ

Hmmm.

Glider, if the speed sensor or the CPS looses track of the engine momentarily, will it set the codes he is getting?

TQ

Not sure of the time frame to set a code if a momentary interruption would be long enough to set the code.
I'm thinking along the lines of the ION sensing could be causing the problem possibly from a bad plug wire not returning the signal and setting the no combustion code. Excessive resistance in the plug does strange things too.

Loose plug tip where the wire snaps on or loose wire on the plug will sometimes set that code also.

I am struggling to find the cause of the following error codes:

Front Injector low
Rear injector low
Front combustion

I purchased the new HD Code reader which is actually very good. The fault only comes up when the bike is moving usually between 25-45 mph. If I slow down for stop sign etc it goes away but then the light comes back on when I get up to a steady speed. Checked plug wires and also replaced voltage regulator. Cannot recreate unless riding the bike!

Thanks for any thoughts!

Are you saying you can cruise with the HD code reader riding shotgun while pulling live data?

yes indeed. plug it into that data connection and it has about a 2 foot long cable so you can keep it on you lap as you ride. gives current and historic codes in english. not just the code number. One of the better items HD has come up with

Have you tried to reproduce these codes while sitting on the seat? Just in case the problem is a wire under the seat and your weight and RPMs are required to throw the codes.

turned out it was the plug wire for the front cylinder. replaced it and no more code!

that was it! front wire..thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back