free website stats program Injector error codes | Harley Davidson Forums

Injector error codes

I am struggling to find the cause of the following error codes:

Front Injector low
Rear injector low
Front combustion

Reading these forums I have gone through the injector wiring and cannot recreate the fault. I purchased the new HD Code reader which is actually very good. The fault only comes up when the bike is moving usually between 25-45 mph. If I slow down for stop sign etc it goes away but then the light comes back on when I get up to a steady speed. Checked plug wires and also replaced voltage regulator. Cannot recreate unless riding the bike!

Thanks for any thoughts!

Check the wiring near the injector itself, they had a problem with the copper breaking inside of the sheathing and causing a code to set.

It's usually within an inch or so of the plug on the injector. Run the bike and then play with the wire on the injector to see if it stumbles.

Have you checked your voltage on the battery while running? Your electrical system runs off the battery with the charging system working to maintain the battery charge. If you have a DVOM, you might rig it up to see what your voltage is while running at those rpms where you get the faults. Anything over 13Vdc should be sufficient.

Next thing is to try wiggling the injector wires about an inch from the plug at the injectors. Sometimes these develop breaks that may only show up at temp or certain vibrations.

Let us know what you find.

TQ

Have lifted the tank so have good access to those wires. Can get any fault out of either injector. Have traced the wires back to ecm and coil and have jiggled every inch of the wires..still no luck.

Just curious.

Take an ohm meter on the lowest range it has. Remove both wiring plugs to injectors. What is the ohm reading you Read on each injector.

Would you know if you are Delphi electronics?

Just curious.

Take an ohm meter on the lowest range it has. Remove both wiring plugs to injectors. What is the ohm reading you Read on each injector.

Would you know if you are Delphi electronics?

On that year it is.

TQ

year is 2003 Road King

Will take me a bit to lift tank enough to pull injector plugs but will give it a try. Also just took it out after replacing plugs and clearing codes. At about 35-40 when I gun the engine a bit the check engine light came on...as it has been doing. I immediatly checked the code and it was reading "front cylinder no combustion detected" it did not give me a fuel injector code this time out.

Not sure if I am running Delphi though can check if you let me know how.

Thanks for your help!

Battery voltage is ok. I was going down that path earlier and also replaced the voltage regulator but change. I dont think it is an RPM issue as I cannot get it to do it will revving the bike...only when actually riding it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you try the wiggle test on the injector wires? You might increase the rpms to around 2k and then wiggle the injector wires to see if it has a hesitation or miss. Then try again at idle.

The no combustion thing does sound spark related. Have you changed the plug wires? Check the connections on the coil too.

TQ

havent replace the plug wires but have tugged on them a bunch without any change. Will change them out tomorrow. Also wiggled all wires while revving and no code. Just cant get the codes to come up without riding

year is 2003 Road King

Will take me a bit to lift tank enough to pull injector plugs but will give it a try. .

Sorry. Didn't want you to pull the tank again,, I thought you already had it out so I just asked in order to eliminate that question from the mix..

Back