free website stats program Indy taking too long to work on bike? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Indy taking too long to work on bike?

The problem you had is exactly why I try to do as much of my own work as possible. Being as its a business an Indy isn't likely to say "Im too busy right now". My experience is the bikes are lined up in the shop and they go from one bike to the next. Not always in the order they came in. Phones are ringing because everyone wants to know when their bike is going to be ready. People drop by for parts. People drop in to check progress. This is a busy time of year. I've never taken my bikes to a Harley dealer. I prefer an Indy personally. Not regarding price, just the service. Find someone you like and stick with him. Stop and have a coffee when you see other riders and ask their opinions of local Indys.
Feels good to have that ride back now doesn't it? Enjoy!

The problem you had is exactly why I try to do as much of my own work as possible. Being as its a business an Indy isn't likely to say "Im too busy right now". My experience is the bikes are lined up in the shop and they go from one bike to the next. Not always in the order they came in. Phones are ringing because everyone wants to know when their bike is going to be ready. People drop by for parts. People drop in to check progress. This is a busy time of year. I've never taken my bikes to a Harley dealer. I prefer an Indy personally. Not regarding price, just the service. Find someone you like and stick with him. Stop and have a coffee when you see other riders and ask their opinions of local Indys.
Feels good to have that ride back now doesn't it? Enjoy!
You nailed it sanec1. It was my first time dealing with this guy. My car mechanic of 20 plus years is there for me. In this day and age when we really can't be without our vehicles for any length of time, that is a blessing.I rarely have to wait more than two days. Because of the way he treats me & my family, I will tip generously around Christmas time to show my sincere appreciation. Even if may car hasn't been in his shop for a while. That is the rapport that I was hoping to engender with this indy but it got off to a bad start. I won't write him off just yet, I'm not like that. I'll give him another chance providing his work holds up.
And yeah! It feels real good having her home. took her for a nice long ride after work today. :s

I would guess that the guy probably has alot of bikes that he is also working on and probably has other's wondering when there goin to get the bike back.. I got a friend that had his motor upgraded. and the guy told him it would take about a week to get it done.. it took about five weeks for him to get his bike back.. Getting the parts was the biggest hold up and his bike was pushed to the side while they worked on other bikes. He was pretty upset. The biggest mistake he made was paying the high up front.. I joked with him several times and told him they had closed and moved.. lol.. I drive trucks and he's also a truck driver..

Back